~chapter twenty-four~

Start from the beginning

I stepped back from the hug to see Karl and Sapnap had left the foyer most likely to give us privacy. But Dream was still in the room watching us cautiously, it warmed my heart. However right now, I was curious.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm getting a divorce and full custody of the kids. Since he has such a high paying job too, his child support is going to be pricey. However you will be seeing more of the kids and I. We are moving down here to Florida. The kids loved the weather and Disney parks so I bought us a three bedroom house like fifteen minutes away."

My smile was completely genuine. "Nora! That's amazing I can't wait to see the kids, and more of you of course, you guys are always welcome to stop by here. Right Dream?"

At the mention of his name he raised his head then smiled, "Of course they are, I would love to meet them. George told me so much about them."

"I'm so happy George has such nice friends like you, I'm glad he finally found his source of happiness after what happened and his depress-"

I desperately shook my head subtly trying to get her to stop speaking. I slightly looked at Dream and his happy eyes were once filled with a certain soft sadness. So I tried to change the subject as quickly as possible. Dream knew I had been through rough times but he never knew I had depression.

"Actually Nora." I cleared my throat, "This is.. my boyfriend." I looked over at Dream and he walked towards me drooping his arm around me. He smiled proudly at me then back at Nora.

"You can call me Clay."

"OH MY GOD! YES I KNEW THE FLIRTING ON VIDEOS WASN'T JUST JOKING. Oh my god, you guys are adorable."

I blushed and quietly thanked her.

"Well I guess I should get going, we still have one more day here until the flight and we wanted to make sure the kids have fun. I'll stay in touch! " And with that she walked out the front door, closing it on her way out.

Let's just say the silence was.... dreadful. 

I don't understand how we keep landing in this position. I decided to just walk away into the living room expecting to see Karl or Sapnap but instead was met with silence. I shrugged then headed upstairs to my own bedroom.

It was a bit weird, seeing as I haven't slept in my room for almost three days. I grabbed my headphones and plugged it into my phone while I sat, legs crossed, on the window seat. There was a pillow on my lap and I was hugging it because I was a tad cold. My eyelids were drooping, and I was struggling to fall asleep, and I must have been in this state for a while my head against the window because Dream walked in with a plate of food.

On the plate was a perfectly cooked grilled cheese, cut diagonally so it would be easy to eat. There were also green grapes on the plate so I took it happily. I took off my headphones and set them to my left, seeing as Dream had carefully sat down on my right.

"Thank you.. For the food, how'd you know I liked it?"

"About a year ago you told me grilled cheese was your comfort food, so I wanted to make you it."

I smiled then leaned over to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. I almost giggled when I saw his cheeks overtake his freckles in a pink hew.

"George...? Can I ask you something?"

Just wanted to add an extra TW here, just in case if it is sensitive to some people. :}

Oh god, here we go.

I gulped and responded, "S-sure."

"They aren't on your wrist."

"What?"

"Your wrists are clean. So where did you do it?" He refused to make eye contact with me and was inspecting my white fluffy carpet. I knew what he was talking about exactly.

"I-I'm not sure what you mean."

"George.." He spoke softly but carefully, now he met my eyes. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. Damn those green eyes. "You do know what I mean."

"I.. I didn't want to put them on my wrist. I would risk having them be seen, even though my sister and mom already knew about the depression. They got me a therapist and medication a while back and it really helped I'm much happier now, that feeling doesn't really pop up anymore. But... sometimes I just feel the need to... hurt myself? I can't explain it but, I would do them on my thigh where no one could see."

Once again, he picked me up easily and set me down on the edge of my bed and he was slightly kneeling in front of me. Rather it be any other situation than the one we were in, I would have freaked out at the position but he looked too serious and concerned right now.

"Can I... see them?" He looked up at me and his eyes had a soft feeling to them. I was a little scared because although seeing me in a long towel, he was going to be very close and near my bare thighs, even with boxers. Hesitantly I nodded and I saw his hands make their way to my waist. He slipped his fingers under the band of my mere shorts, and slipped them off slowly with no malicious intent whatsoever.

I figured he finally saw them because I saw his eyes slightly water. Hell sometimes when I look at them I cry too, who could blame him? He sniffled slightly and set his head down on my thigh, with his arms wrapped around my waist. I leaned forward and set my head on top of his, now realizing I was starting to cry too.

"Why? Why didn't you come to me I could have helped?" He spoke quietly, voice breaking halfway through.

"I didn't think anyone could help me..." I responded slowly and lifted my head. He mirrored my actions then leaned forward to give me a small peck on the lips, filled with love. He pulled back then looked down at my thighs again. He slowly but surely made contact with the scars, by running his index finger along the vertical lines on my soft skin.

He closed his eyes once more allowing two tear drops roll down his freckled cheeks. He dipped his head once more even closer and I was startled once I felt his soft lips on the scars. He was softly kissing up and down the lines making sure I felt loved. And I did.

After two minutes of doing so He rubbed the side of my thighs carefully while his head was against my chest.

"Dreamy why don't you come into bed with me yeah?" 

He nodded softly then grabbed my shorts from behind him. He carefully slipped the shorts back on, then slipped into bed with me under the covers. I waited until he got comfortable so I could wrap my leg around his waist and set my head on his chest.

"George?"

I hummed in response.

"Can you promise me if you ever feel that way, even the slightest bit you'll come to me? I promised I'd protect you and If I need to do it from yourself too I will. You are not a bother so even when you feel the smallest insecurity come to me, and I will make sure to reassure you that you are literally perfect."

I smiled and almost couldn't believe this was my life right now. He genuinely cared about me.

So I nodded against his chest and spoke, "Dream I promise I will. You mean so much to me to keep something like that from you. I know I say this a lot, but thank you for everything."

He kissed my forehead then played with my hair.

"You are so very welcome Georgie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.7K VIEWS AND 100 VOTES!? I would have never thought anyone would read my story, and I was so happy when I saw just 10 people read it! And now almost 2k have! This genuinely makes me so happy, and I'll be glad to announce I have multiple other books related to dnf that I have planned! Also speaking of books, this one is almost coming to an end! The original plan was to end it at thirty chapters, but if I'll want to write more I will!! Remember you are valid and worth it!

Consider voting if you liked that chapter? :D

*This book has not been edited yet, I will be fixing grammar and spelling errors once it has finished <3*

2133 words

-Luna<3