Recalling the past

Start from the beginning

"Shh. It's gonna be okay, Roy. You're gonna be okay." I made my way to Jason's room, hoping that being with a friend might help him calm down. I honestly didn't know what else to do anyway.

When I walked in, Jason was already sound asleep. Considering it was the middle of the night, that wasn't all too surprising. When I laid Roy down, he looked at me, pouting. I sighed out, frowning deeper as my heart sank into my stomach.

His face was stained with both old and fresh tears, making his eyes red and puffy. "Am I gonna stay here now?" His small, tired voice trembled with uncertainty. Sounding anxious and confused.

I was sad to say, I knew exactly how he felt.

I wiped his face gently, then tucked him in next to Jason, pulling the blankets snugly around both boys. "Yes bambino. Everything's gonna work out though. One day you'll be Jason's second just like your father was for me." as I spoke, I leaned down, placing a kiss to his head.

His lip quivered slightly as he looked over at Jason. After taking a deep breath, he nodded and yawned. "Otay." He rubbed his eyes then cuddled closer to Jason, who instinctively wrapped an arm around him, staying asleep.

I kissed Jason's head next, waiting a moment to make sure everything was okay before leaving.

Things would be difficult and hard for a bit as we all had things to adjust to, but I knew I was right. Roy and Jason had what Brave and I had. A deep friendship that would only grow with time.

Jason would need that once he was old enough to take over for me. I had no doubt Roy would be keeping Jason safe well before then though. He already did, even at five years old.

__________________________________

Jason's POV 8yrs old.
(Roy 9. Kori 10)

I followed papà into the entry, Roy right beside me. We were meeting one of father's new associates and his daughter.

Father had explained to us who the man was and what he did, but I really couldn't remember at the moment. Not that I really needed to. Or that I really cared.

Even though I knew one day I'd be taking over, I was still just eight. Too young to even start learning about most of the things he did or what the business was really about. Not that I minded.

When we walked into the sitting room, my eyes widened. He was a big man like papà. Tall too and had a powerful look to him. I stopped suddenly as I looked him over, causing Roy to run into me.

We both started to giggle, till papà hushed us cautiously before introducing us. "Boys, this is Myand'r and his daughter Koriand'r."

I smiled politely and held out my hand to him. "Hi. I'm Jason. Thats Roy." She chuckled and shook my hand.

Roy hadn't made a sound. When I looked at him he looked like he'd been slapped on both his cheek. They were bright red. Almost matching his hair.

Following his gaze, I stopped on Kori. She smiled widely at us. "Hi. It's nice to meet you both. Just call me Kori." I smiled back and nodded, but Roy just stayed still.

Dummy.

My eyebrows furrowed as I elbowed him, saying his name in a hushed tone to get his attention. He turned, looking at me startled. "Dude, say something."