"Yes, I'm fine," said Pin dryly, letting Olivia know that he definitely wasn't.

"I don't wanna get into things that don't concern me, but Zoe really is sorry, you know? I know she's not going about it the best way, but her intentions are good," Olivia said, laying her hand over Pin's forearm. The boy turned towards her and looked at her for a moment. Olivia sighed.

"You know what, never mind, it- it's not fair for me to ask that of you," she said, dropping her hand, but Pin's hand shot up to keep it in place.

"It's because of your father, isn't it?" He asked. Olivia's gaze quickly snapped to his in surprise.

"Wh- What?" She said in shock. "How do you know about that?" She asked with wide eyes. Pin looked down shamefully.

"I overheard my dad and your aunt talking about it a few years ago. I'm sorry, I know that was private. Don't worry I haven't told anyone," he said. Olivia sighed.

"I'm not worried about that, I trust you, I just— this isn't really something I like to talk about," said Olivia. Pin gave her a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again," said Pin. Olivia plastered on her usual bright smile.

"Well, I have to go, I'm meeting up with Jade, Becky, and Zoe, I'll see you around!" She said cheerfully as if the prior conversation hadn't happened at all. Pin looked at her strangely but waved her goodbye nonetheless. Olivia walked to the entrance of the stables where Becky and Jade were already waiting.

"There you are! Let's go," said Becky as she started forward. Jade and Olivia laughed as they followed her. The coffee shop wasn't very far from the stables, but it was still quite a walk, and Becky had a shift starting soon. Walking there in silence, Olivia's stomach knotted urgently. For some reason, the idea of Pin knowing about her familial situation unsettled her. She was probably just overreacting, but knowing somebody she cared about knew this information made her feel vulnerable, she didn't like sharing her troubles and burdening others with her own problems. Soon enough the girls had arrived at the cafe, and as Becky bid the two other girls goodbye to go start working, Jade and Olivia sat down at one of the tables. Becky came over to take their orders, Jade ordering water, and Olivia, a coffee. As soon as their orders arrived, Zoe walked in with her little sister, Rosie, who immediately rushed towards Mia.

"Zoe!" Called out Becky. Zoe turned towards the provenance of the call and headed over to the table.

"Looks like Mia's holiday project is going well," said Jade as Zoe and Becky sat down. Zoe and Olivia both turned towards Mia's table where she was playing with Marcus' hair.

"Good for her," said Becky. "My Bob tapestry is hopelessly behind schedule."

"No, I meant her trying to get back with Marcus," clarified Jade.

"Oh," said Becky. "If Marcus was my boyfriend, I would just stare at him all day," she added.

"I'm sure he'd love that," joked Zoe.

"Yeah well, they'll be back together by the end of the summer, guaranteed," said Jade.

"Maybe he likes playing games just as much as she does," said Zoe, a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Incoming," quickly said Becky when she noticed Marcus heading towards their table.

"Becky, Jade, Via. Hi Zoe," he greeted once he reached them. Olivia took a sip of her coffee. "Um, these are for the county show," he said, handing them some flyers. "Can you pop one behind the till for me, Becks?" He asked Becky, who seemed to have lost all function in her body. When the girl didn't answer for a moment too long, Olivia spoke for her instead.