chapter five

"Have you seen Zoe?" Becky asked Olivia as she approached her.

"I haven't, why?" Answered Olivia as she kept brushing Nina.

"I thought she'd be here by now, but I haven't seen her anywhere," she said in disappointment.

"Maybe she was busy, did you text her to ask?" Offered Olivia.

"Good idea! I'm gonna text her right now," said Becky. After a moment of typing, she spoke up. "She just told me she's on her way."

"See, nothing to worry about." Olivia smiled. She led Nina back to her stables, and on her way back noticed Zoe in Raven's stables.

"Hey, Zoe!" She said cheerfully.

"Hey, where are Becky and Jade?" She asked.

"Oh, they're somewhere around here, I can text them," said Olivia, taking out her phone. A few moments later, Becky and Jade appeared in the doorway.

"Hey Zoe, how's it going!" Loudly exclaimed Becky.

"Shh, come in here," she said, dragging Becky and Jade inside.

"Is everything okay?" Inquired Olivia.

"Look what I found in Pin's hoodie," said Zoe as she took out a sedative bottle.

"Sedatives!" Said Becky, taking the vial from Zoe's hand.

"These are the same ones that were stolen," added Jade.

"Pin's the thief!" Yelled Becky.

"Shh, careful Becky, I don't think they heard you back in Iceland," reprimanded Zoe.

"Sorry," said Becky apologetically.

"We should go tell Sam," said Jade.

"Tell her what? That you found sedatives in Pin's hoodie? That's hardly proof of anything at all," said Olivia defensively. Though she had to agree Pin having sedatives in his pocket was strange, calling him a horse thief was very far-fetched.

"Olivia is right, Pin is innocent until proven guilty," said Zoe. "But, we need to keep an eye on him."

"There's only one thing for it," said Jade.

"Build a Trojan horse and follow Pin around inside it?" Suggested Becky.

"No Becky, it's time for Badger Cam," said Jade. "It's an app I coded," she said as she installed the camera. "It was supposed to be for observing badgers, not spying on boys."

"We're not spying, we're trying to protect the horses," said Zoe. Olivia wasn't convinced, it definitely seemed like spying to her, and she didn't like it one bit.

"So, my phone is streaming from inside the stables, Ben's is outside in the courtyard, I just need you three to join," explained Jade.

"Absolutely not," said Olivia.

"What? Why not?" Asked Zoe.

"This is so wrong, recording someone without them knowing? I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Besides, we have no reason to doubt Pin is a horse thief, sedatives are used for tons of other reasons," said Olivia.

"Well that's why we're putting up the camera, so we can get proof," said Jade. Olivia said nothing, they were obviously not going to listen to her advice.

"You do what you want, but I'd rather not get into it," she simply said.

"Suit yourself," said Becky, as she and Zoe connected their phones to the camera. Afterwards, the four girls walked outside and were approached by Ben, Becky's little brother.