chapter forty-nine

Start from the beginning

"Lils, honestly, can we just stop?" asked Marlene "You and Tony can go on all you want, but the rest of us are currently contemplating suicide,"

Alice made a noise of agreement next to her, keeping her eyes closed.

"These exams are important!" insisted the Ravenclaw "How do you suppose we will find jobs later on?"

"We won't need to find any jobs if we kill ourselves out of boredom," added Peter

"As much as I hate to say this," continued Ellie from her spot next to the boy, "This is starting to feel too much like a hostage situation,"

"I don't know about hostage situation," mused Remus, not being able to resist the urge to throw a jab at the two purebloods, "Pads and Neph look awfully comfortable over there,"

The only response the werewolf got was a pillow straight to the face by Sirius.

"How do you expect to get through exams if you don't study?" inquired the redhead

"Luck," muttered Sirius "If you believe it, you can do it Evans!" he said sarcastically

Everyone laughed at that statement, while Lily and Tony were rolling their eyes at the boy's silliness.

"Come on, love, we've been at this for two hours now," tried James "And exams are two weeks away anyways,"

The Ravenclaw and the Gryffindor looked at each other, realizing that there would be no way to convince the rowdy group of teens to settle down and study.

Nephera tensed as she remembered that she was supposed to meet with Dumbledore, "Crap, what time is it?"

"Nine thirty, why?" asked Peter

"I have to go," she stated, practically having to peel Sirius off of her and gathering her books

No one asked where she had to go, because everyone already knew, Dumbledore's office. They did not talk about it anymore, not after Nephera and Tony's argument, but it still bothered all of them. Most of all, it bothered Sirius, who was currently missing the feeling of the girl's cold fingers on his scalp.

"What's she doing with Dumbledore anyway?" asked Marlene, who was not informed of the fact that they weren't supposed to talk about it

"She won't tell us, but according to Minnie, it's not her choice," answered Ellie "It's up to Dumbledore whether we know or not,"

"She could still give us a hint," sighed James "We all know that the reason she's not telling us is that she doesn't want to. I mean, I can't be the only one who believes it's something dangerous?"

Lily spoke up, ending the heated discussion before it began, "I don't know her as well as the rest of you, but Winchester always has a reason, and it's typically for the best."

Meanwhile, Nephera was hastily walking to the statue of the gargoyle, feeling slightly chilly now that she didn't have Sirius close to her. She knew they had questions, and she knew that they were growing suspicious of the nature of her meetings with Dumbledore, but she wanted to keep them in the dark for as long as possible. It was no question that they'd want to join the Order as well, and the brunette was determined to not allow them to become child soldiers controlled by Dumbledore.

"I know I'm late," she said once she finally entered the office "But Evans had us all trapped and studying for exams,"

"That is quite alright, Mrs. Winchester," replied the Headmaster "Take a seat,"

The girl did just that, and looked at him, waiting for him to continue, "We need to talk about Easter, and I know there is something that has been bothering you about what happened that day,"