TWENTY FOUR. (what the fuck was that for?)

Start from the beginning

    "So we're just looking for an old stone wall," Pope told them, folding the map slightly as he moved from his spot. I watched, taking a step off the rock I was standing on. I took one last look at the view before following JJ to the van, the rest of the pogues were already there.

    Kiara, JJ and I sat in the back, the cool air from the ac sending a shiver down my spine. I grabbed the sweater off of the floor and put it on, oblivious to the fact that it was John B's. The sweater hung off of me, it being much too big for my size.

    "Okay, so the road should split up here," Pope said to John B, continuing to look at the map as he drove. "All right, you're going to take a left," Pope told him as they approached the road.

    "John B," Pope said, snapping to get his attention, the boy turning the wheel hard to the left and barely making the turn. The harsh motion made me look up to the front seat. "Are you good?" Pope asked, furrowing his brows at the driver.

    "ya m'good" He responded, focusing back on the road.

    "That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ let out as we approached. I leaned my head over, looking past JJ's head to the wall, and the house further behind it. "This is it," Pope told us, folding the map in his hands.

"not the Crain house" John B let out, tipping his head back. I looked at the pogues with confusion. "what's with the house?" I asked, the pogues all shooting me looks.

    "What?" I asked again following Kiara out of the van, I looked back up to the house and stepped closer to the wall. "Are you kidding me?" Kiara let out, the van door closing as the boys got out.

    "worst-case scenario" JJ sighed as he stood next to me.

    "Oh my god, why?" I asked frustrated, staring at JJ now.

    "This house belongs to a psychopath Elle," JJ told me, his arm resting on my shoulder. "seriously?" I whispered, hoping he was kidding.

    "Yeah, I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property." JJ said, looking down at me. "what?" I asked shocked, looking back at the house.

    "yeah after she murdered him. No shit" He said and my eyes widened. Not too sure if he was kidding or not.

    To say that I was nervous as I hopped the stone wall was an understatement. JJ's voice filled my head as he continued to tell his stupid stories about Mrs. Crain.

     "Honestly I don't believe the stories of this place," John B said, trailing behind the group. "So are they just myths to keep people off the property?" I asked, holding a tree branch above my head so I could duck under, unknowingly letting it go as John B was behind me. The branch whipped against his face and I couldn't help but laugh when I realized.

    "ow!" John B let out, bringing his hand to his face. And even though he tried he couldn't keep a stern face when I began to giggle. "oh, you think that's funny?" He asked, rubbing his cheek as he walked forward, laughing slightly as I ran towards JJ to use him as a shield.

    "Wow, thanks a lot," JJ teased as he wrapped his arm around me.

    "What stories have you heard?" JJ asked Kiara and I let out a sigh, he was not going to give it up.

    "the one where she killed her husband with an axe and that's she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full you can see her in the window" Kiara said, standing in front of JJ and me and waving her hands, making a joke about it.

    "No, it's not funny 'cause it's all true" JJ argued. "I swear to god, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis-'' JJ continued. "jeez!" He let out, raising his fist at one of the statues.