Chapter 1 (Part 1 1988)

"Please George, don't do this!" Cora pleaded at gunpoint wincing in agony,
"Think about what your doing, your going to leave two girls as orphans if you succeed, and their sibling deceased as well!" Henry begged, he watched as his wife cried in fear and pain, this was by far the worst mission they had ever been on, one where their partner as double crossed them in a time of desperation.
"I don't care Mills!" George sighed, still holding the pistol against Cora's temple, the cold metal would make her shiver if she wasn't already in so much pain. "Why have you two not already got the message! It's quite simple Hen, you either give me what i want, or your wife and unborn chil-" he was interrupted by Cora screaming out, clutching her swollen stomach, "or should i say soon to be born child, die!" He smirked as he finished his sentence,
"Henry! Don't you dare! He's going to kill me anyway!" Cora shouted in tears, Henry shook his head, he had a loaded gun in his right hand, but couldn't hit George without hitting Cora too, and he couldn't risk that.
"Tick tock Mills! Tick tock!" George taunted, but groaned in disgust as blood soon covered the floor, Cora screamed louder than ever which made Henry flinch, he needed to get her out of here now!
"Geor-"
"STOP! FBI!" Yelled a group of people,
"Gold!" Cora sighed and smiled, but wasn't to last, an explosion was heard and as everyone turned to see George, dead on the floor, and Cora wide eyed in fear. Blood dripped from her arm that was hit with the bullet that killed her ex-partner,
"CORA!" A man yelled running towards her,
"Gold! We need to get her medical help, NOW!" Henry yelled, lifting his wife bridal style as she cried out in pain,
"Number 3 on it's way already! Quite early isn't it?" Gold questioned searching through his bag. Cora nodded, eyes clenched shut in agony. "Here!" Gold said fitting a masquerade mask onto Cora's face, and then one onto Henry. "The masked assassins must never show their identities, even when they are, well, injured or, in Cora's case, in labour"
As soon as the door was opened, Henry ran towards the black Mercedes, dodging all the people trying to snap a photo or ask questions. As soon as he was in the back seat with Cora laying across them, her head on his lap, she screamed out again.
"Alright guys, back off!" Some officers were trying to back some of the journalists away from the couple, Gold jumped into the drivers seat, his ironically golden mask shimmered at the street light bounced off it in all directions.
Henry's mask was a black one half and silver on the other, swirls separating the different colours, simple yet elegant. Cora's on the other hand, was a black wire pattern, with a violet wire on the outer areas. Small white diamanté were dotted here and there to add another feminine touch, a large one just about the nose area and a small purple diamond hung over her nose. Everyone could tell Gold was attracted to Cora, but she was married to his best friend! So of course, he never made a move.
As the car sped off down the street, people had to remember not to follow, if anyone was found trespassing, they were never heard from again! The car halted to a stop in front of an abandoned warehouse, surrounded a high fence which was topped with barbed wire. As Gold quickly jumped out to open the gate, another piercing scream was heard from the car, echoing throughout the area. Someone immediately ran out of the warehouse!
"Gold, whats goi- OH MY GOD!" The woman shouted, Gold quickly placed a hand over her mouth, his Milah never was one for a gruesome situation. Milah understood now wasn't the time to freak out, so she quickly ran back to the warehouse, opening the door. Henry got out of the car, then lifted his wife gently out of the vehicle's back seat, which was now soaked in the woman's blood. Cora whimpered as Henry ran inside, carrying her the same time, into the warehouse. Gold quickly got the car inside the premise and locked the gates, which then followed him sprinting towards the front door.
Zelena and Regina were playing upstairs when they heard loud screams and cries. Zelena remembered when this happened before, when she was about 4 years old, her mother had Regina, but knew something was wrong.
"Zelena? Is th-that mommy crying?" The 8 years old cried,
"Yeah, don't worry, she'll be okay" she attempted to comfort Regina but failed as she wanted to see why her mother was so upset.
"But mommy never cries! There's something wrong Zelena! We need to help-"
"NO! Regina we have to stay here... Otherwise we might get in the way and something bad will happen." Zelena whispered, this time Regina ran toward her sister and cried. She had never heard things like this before, the worst she had seen was when her father got shot in the leg and couldn't walk for a month. Zelena understood what she was going through, since she was scared she was lose her mom, but at the age of 12, Zelena was already almost a black belt in karate, had all A's in her classes, she was definitely going to be part of the MA when she was old enough. Regina on the other hand, was also quite good at karate and school, but unlike her sister who favoured in maths and science, she was best at music and art. She was too kind to hurt anyone, even if they hurt her first!
Meanwhile, downstairs Cora was laying in the medical suite. Henry sat beside her holding her hand.
"She's lost lots of blood Hen." Milah admitted, "I'll be surprised if she makes it through this.",
"This is all my fault." Henry cried burying his face in his and Cora's hand.
"Hey, look at me." Cora said weakly, Henry obeyed, "how the hell is this your fault!?",
"I shouldn't have taken this mission, i should have given George this thing!" Henry shouted throwing a disk that had been sitting in his inside jacket pocket. Cora cried out again before quickly speaking up
"If you remember, I was the one who wanted to take this mission, not you, ME!" She cried out again, squeezing Henry's hand till the contraction was over, "So don't you DARE blame yourself for this! I wanted to risk my life and the baby's in the process-"
"But I didn't stop you!" Henry whispered,
"When have you EVER been able to stop me Henry?" Cora laughed before screaming again. He chuckled, his wife was extremely stubborn, but he loved her for it! She wasn't afraid to speak her mind, but knew when to hold her tongue, and now he was going to lose her, forever.