XVI. A Lich's Victim

Start from the beginning

She didn't have to charm Jay, it was his own will to talk to her.

She smiled at Jay the same way she does whenever she does something bad. Of course, Jungwon saw that smile, and he automatically knew he had to save Jay from this horrid woman.

"So Jay, how did you meet Katsu-" Minji asked, but Jungwon interrupted her.

"Minji, didn't you say you need to interview Jay?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't need to be now-"

"Why don't you and Jay go ahead. I need to have a talk with Katsumi."

Jungwon looked at Katsumi seriously - to which she replied with a smirk. It's like they were having a staring contest.

His gaze was enough to have someone tremble in fear, but not Katsumi. She's not afraid of him, if anything - he should be afraid of her.

"Oh- uhh okay, but where will we wait for you?"

"You can go ahead to the skating rink, I'll catch up."

"Jay, are you going to do something?" Minji asked Jay.

"Nope, I have no plans. I was going to show Katsumi around the school but I guess Jungwon and her need to talk." Jay replied.

"Okie, c'mon let's go watch Sunghoon ice-skate."

"Watch Sunghoon?? Again??? Jake's been dragging me multiple times to watch Sunghoon, at this point I probably know how to skate just like Sunghoon."Jay groaned in despair.

"C'mon~ at least you'll watch with me this time!" Minji said as they left - her dragging Jay along.

"You. Stay away from Jay. If you even think about using him for your own selfish needs, I won't hesitate to-"

"To what? Kill me? Is little Jungwon going to kill me?" Katsumi laughed at him.

"You'll only wish you were dead." Jungwon responded, not hesitating to threaten Katsumi.

Katsumi laughed even more. She could not believe that he was threatening her. Obviously, he doesn't know how much Katsumi changed within the past few years.

"What's this I see? Has Jungwon gone soft? Where's the Jungwon that didn't care about anyone not himself?"

"Jay is my friend, of course I care about him."

"You care about a friend?? That's new. Last time you had a friend, you made them disappear. What's his name again? Haku, right?"

"Jay's different. He didn't do anything bad to me, and I doubt he will. He's a good guy."

"Hmm, I remember you telling me the exact same thing about Haku."

Jungwon glared at her. Does she really have to bring up so many bad memories in his life? And no, of course he doesn't think Jay will do something bad. He believes that Jay is a good person.

"Drop your mind-control on Jay and don't come near him again."

"Tch." Katsumi scoffed at Jungwon. "Excuse me, but I didn't do anything to that boy. He's the one who came to me in a café, I didn't charm him whatsoever."

"You're lying."

"Am I? Ask him yourself then."

Jay fell for a girl like her?? Why?? Jungwon can't believe what she just said - the only thing he can do about it is ask Jay himself.

---

"Good afternoon Heeseung. The usual?"

"Yup!" Heeseung replied.

He's currently at the ice cream shop - it's basically his go to place. Since college students have different schedules from the senior high school students, there are times when he is all by himself. Today is one of those days where his schedule doesn't match with those of his senior high school friends.

He went to the ice cream shop to eat some dessert and stay there until he has to go back to school for his 4:30 class.

"Here you go Heeseung, two scoops of dark chocolate ice cream with extra chocolate sauce." the girl working at the ice cream shop said.

"Thanks Chae!" he told the girl as he took his order.

Heeseung always goes to this shop, that he's basically friends with the staff. With that said, he noticed something different in the store - particularly the staff.

"Hey Chae, where's Beomseok? Isn't it his shift right now?" Heeseung asked out of curiosity.

As she heard Heeseung say the boy's name, her expression changed. She looked like she was very worried.

"We haven't seen Beomseok in three days. All we know is that he left early last Saturday, he said he had a date with some girl. And then we haven't seen him since."

"Maybe he's sick??"

"No, he isn't picking up his calls. We even called his family, they said they haven't seen him too. He just suddenly disappeared..."

"Ohmy...."

'What could have happened to Beomseok?' Heeseung thought. Is he hiding somewhere...

or did someone do something to him?

----

A/N:

btw Beomseok and Chae are just side characters who work at the store, I just wanted to give them names ehe - just saying so that some people won't get confused that there's suddenly 2 new names.