XVI. A Lich's Victim

Start from the beginning

"By the way, I have to drop by the publications office and turn in my article for the school paper first. You guys can go ahead to the skating rink, I'll catch up." Minji told Sunoo and Niki.

"Skating rink?" Jungwon asked. "We have a skating rink in school???"

"Oh yeahhh, we forgot to tell Jungwon. So we're basically just going to watch Sunghoon hyung practice since we have nothing else to do. You should join us!" Sunoo told the younger.

"And yes, we do have a skating rink here. This place isn't one of Korea's most prestigious schools for no reason y'know?" he added.

"Hmm, okay sure. But I'll go with Minji. I want to see what the publications office look like." Jungwon responded.

He wanted to go with as many of them as he can - so he decided that he would go with Minji before they visit Sunghoon.

Minji didn't mind Jungwon coming with her. In fact, she was happy that someone would keep her company

Minji and Jungwon grabbed their bags and left the laboratory, while Sunoo and Niki were left behind to finish answering the remaining questions on their group paper - it was the punishment Jungwon gave them for not helping sooner.

---

"Yes that's all of it. Ohh, sure I can do that! Alright, goodbye sir!" Minji said as she closed the door to the office.

Minji was talking to the teacher in charge of supervising the production of the school papers. She had just turned in her work -  a few sports articles she came up with after she interviewed some student athletes. Minji loved writing for the school paper. Even if she didn't necessarily want to be a journalist or a writer in the future, she found writing as something fun. 

"What was that?" Jungwon asked. He wanted to start a conversation.

"The teacher asked me to interview someone from the Basketball team. Since 'that' incident...you know...those boys that bullied you. Remember that?"

"Yeah, how could I forget that."

"Since that incident, the Basketball team had a bad reputation. So the teacher asked me to interview someone and make an article to highlight their recent accomplishments."

"Ahh, I see. You can ask Jay hyung. He's part of the basketball team if I remember correctly."

"OH righttt! Thanks for the idea!" she said, playfully hitting his arm.

As the two of them were on their way to see Sunghoon, they happened to pass by the person they were just talking about, Jay.

But...he's with a girl.

Jungwon looked at who Jay was with - and he was not pleased at all to see Jay hanging out with that particular girl.

"Katsumi."  he said her name with much hate in his head.

"Hi Jay! Oh- hey Jungwon, isn't she your friend?"  Minji asked Jungwon as soon as she recognized Katsumi's face.

Jungwon scoffed at the sight of Katsumi hanging out with Jay. He didn't like the idea of it, not even a bit.

"Hello Minji, hello Jungwon. Wait, you guys know who she is?" Jay responded as he pointed at Katsumi.

"Yup, she's Jungwon's friend. We've met before."

"This guy is Jungwon's friend??? Mhmm, interesting. I guess you have more use than I thought pretty boy." Katsumi thought in her head.

Originally she had planned to use Jay the same way she used the boy who works at the ice cream shop, and the same way she's used every single boy who fell for her. The only thing that made Jay different from the other boys was that he was the one that approached Katsumi first.