sex

The land is cold, the sea is stormy, the sky is gray

The land is cold, the sea is stormy, the sky is gray. The nights are dark, but we have our family, kin and clan around the hearth, staying warm in the midst of darkness, our spirit and love a flame, a beacon burning brightly in the night."

Celtic Yule Blessing (half of it)

THE AIR HAS DEVELOPED A CHILLY BITE TO IT AND WINDOWS BEGAN TO FOG FROM THE INDOOR HEATING SIGNALING THE HOLIDAY SEASON WAS FINALLY UPON THE RESIDENTS AT THE CULLEN HOME. Watching from the window panes that littered the home, all of the covens and nomads followed the bustling movement streaking across the backyard. The spectacle came in the form of the Lothbrok family as they began the preparation for a small Yule celebration. As practising Celtic and Norse pagans, the Lothbroks wanted to bring a small celebration to their fellow vampires as a means to distract from the doom looming off just around the corner. Determined to bring joy to even Draculas One and Two, the family divided into duos to work on the Yule log and wreath that were a planned part of the celebration. Ragnar and Maya explored the plant life in the surrounding area to design a more practical version to the wreath they would make back home.

Opposite to the father and daughter, Aeron and Ulfhild carved into the log positioned between them using their small hand knives. Varying piles of bark and innerwood littered the floor around the pair as they made delicate work of carving runes into their miniature Yule log; runes to wish for the protection of the gods in their desperate times and protection for if they all escape with their lives. Looking out for lingering eyes and snitches, Ulfhild began a new rune that had differed from the rest that had slowly taken over the lump of tree in front of her. She made quick work in chipping away at the multiple layers of wood to etch in the rune hoping the gods would receive her wish and have the kindness to bestow it upon her. Blowing away the small bits of wood that stuck to the carving, Ulfhild hunched her body closer to the rune to smile at the rune dedicated to love and under her breath, she whispered a blessing that the gods would give her a chance to have a love much like her parents.