xiii. the lapsed war

Start from the beginning

Meaning that Luke was going to find Remus and reveal that he had been erased by Runskin.

Naturally that meant that Remus, because it was Remus, was going to do everything in his power to try and help Luke. She wanted no part in that but naturally knowing her luck, she would. The thought of even having to see Remus was making her feel uneasy. However she'd keep this feelings about this entire situation going badly to herself because Luke came first. If Luke wanted to reunite with Remus then that was fine with her.

Completely fine.

She was completely fine.

When Aurora turned back around, the clock read nine in the morning. She had not realised she had been lying awake for the last six hours and solely being lost in her thoughts. Although truth be told, it was not the first time this had happened. She was more than glad the morning was here and someone would be awake to talk to. She rose up from her bed and stretched out her limbs.

      Her eyes travel towards Luke, who was still sleeping silently in the bed. Quiet as ever. His  chest was moving up and down. She zoned in on the cuts on his chest which still hadn't healed and didn't appear to be anytime soon. She frowned.

Whilst Luke slept silently, she got dressed and left her bedroom. Ignoring the fact Louis was standing outside her bedroom door, she made her way across the hall and entered Beckham's room. Like usual, he was standing outside on his balcony, shirtless and smoking. His hair was long overdue a cut and now middle parted. She noticed he had a cut on the side of his back and something told her that was from him trying to fix the water pipes down by the burnt down school.

"Filthy habit." Aurora told him, coming over beside him and taking the cigarette out of his mouth. Placing it into her own mouth, she took a drag.

"Good morning." He greeted.

    She smiled at Beckham. "As to you. What's on your agenda for today?"

"Figured I'd spend the next few hours with Luke and you." Beckham replied, letting a yawn. "I practically broke my back with the amount of stuff I had to do with the people yesterday so I'm taking a day of......What are you two doing for the day?"

Her mouth opened to reply before remembering the way that he would become if he knew what was happening. If Beckham got even a whiff of her offering to open the portal to let Luke find Remus then he'd probably try and have another therapy session with her. To be honest, she never understood his worry for her now. She had told him everything that happened - not everything but only the important parts - and told him her plan. He didn't need to worry anymore.

"Nothing, we were just gonna go by the beach for the day."

"You hate sand."

"Debatable."

"I could always tell when you were lying," Beckham informs her, shaking his head. "What dangerous life-threatening activity do you have planned today?"

She sighed. "Luke wants to find Remus so I'm going to open a portal for him."

"Right well I'm coming too." Beckham says instantly. "And before you go into a big spur about how dangerous it is and the whole 'I got to go alone cause I'm Aurora and I'm too selfless' speech, I don't care. If you're going to put yourself in danger then I'm joining."