Chapter 16 - Shape-shifting

I wake up slowly and realize delightedly that Loki is still asleep. Perfect. I carefully remove his hand from my stomach and get up. On my way to the bathroom I smile to myself. This surprise will be great for sure.
I place myself in front of the mirror and look at the magic book again. Yesterday I practised a lot, so it is no problem to transform. I grin and admire my new form, then I walk out of the bathroom, almost hitting my head at the doorframe because of my new size.
I walk up to Loki and carefully shake his shoulders. "Wake up", I whisper. I am a little shocked about my deeper voice. Of course, my vocal cords change with my appearance.
Loki furrows his brows and mumbles something.
I shake him again. "Wake up", I say a little more excited.
He blinks and as he fully opens his eyes, he stares at me, his mouth open. "You did transform into me?"
I smile brightly and ruffle through my now dark curls. "Fancy, right?"
Loki examines me. "I don't ruffle through my hair like that. Besides, I don't really know how I should feel about that."
"Look, I can do this", I say and start dancing a little.
Loki looks terrified. "Stop. I don't ... this isn't how my dancing looks."
I continue, giggle and back out of his reach. I even hum a melody to my dancing.
"Oh by Odin's beard, stop that, (y/n). You - I - look ridiculous!" He stands up surprisingly fast and wraps his arms around my waist. "Stop", he says firmly and smiles.
I look into his eyes which are now exactly at the hight of mine. "I would kiss you, but I think that would be weird."
A sly smirk glides over his face. "I have already kissed myself. More often than you would think."
I raise a brow. "Really? Okay, what did I expect. Of course you would kiss yourself, in your perspective you are always the prettiest person in the room."
He smirks. "Well, yes. But I would rather kiss you than my duplicate."
"But I don't want to change back already", I grin. "I have stronger
muscles in this form. I can do this." I push him onto the bed and crawl over him, pinning him down like he did with me yesterday.
"Oh", he responds, not moving the hands I am holding down next to his head. "Oh no, I am trapped."
"Yes", I answer, my eyes glittering. "There is no way out of this, Mr. Laufeyson."
He laughs. "What a pity."
I grin and bend down to kiss him, and right before our lips meet, I transform back into my original shape.
"Mmmh", Loki hums into the kiss, "much better."
We break the kiss and get up. We eat breakfast in a café down the street, and after that we get back to the hotel room to practise.
"Always have a back-up plan", Loki tells me. "You can do stuff with magic, but never rely on that. There is always stronger magic than yours, or magic that can restrain you. Just think about the cells on Asgard."
I nod and we start the training. He shows me the most important fighting technics, we practise with his daggers (we both get one each), do some sports and eat lunch. Then we go back to the training. Over the afternoon, I learn how to take someone down, do a little more magic and when it is dark outside, we do knife-throwing again. When I start to feel sorry about the hotel room wall, we hang back the painting and sit down next to the magic book.
"We have to locate the stone of emphasis to steal it back", Loki says.
"I already suspect it's in the Avengers Tower, but we have to be sure", I respond. "It would be bad to break in and find nothing."
He nods and opens a page about tracking spells. "Here. Try this one."
I look at the page as he slides the book over to me. I close my eyes as the instruction says and perform the hand movements. It works after the second try.
In my imagination, I follow a glowing blue light. It leads me through the streets of New York, dances around and over the buildings and lastly finds the Tower. I watch it jump inside, and as I levitate in my mind right through the doors of a couple of rooms, I finally see the glowing colourful cube on a small pedestal.
I open my eyes. "I have it. We were right, it is in the Tower."
Loki clenches his fist. "Yes. Finally. Finally I will get back my powers, and finally the Avengers will pay for what they have done."