Chapter 14 - Messy hair

We continue to sit there for a while, taking the time Loki needs. I think I understand what is happening inside him. His magic and immortality being taken away must feel like losing a part of himself.
When he slowly comes back to his usual self, we get up for the training.
"I would say you take off your armour", I say.
He smirks. "Do you desire to see me naked from the waist up?"
The way he says the word 'naked' sents a shiver down my spine. "I mean I bought you t-shirts and if your sweat goes in your armour you will nag about it the rest of the day."
"Smart of you to avoid that question", Loki smiles. "But you wont get me into this shirt thing."
Ten minutes later, I did get him into the shirt thing.
"I hate this realm", he says, looking down his body.
"All of it?", I say innocently.
"Currently I am in it, so no", he answers and pokes his nose up.
I laugh. "Now, how many push-ups can you do?"
He jumps to the ground and starts. I sit on the bed and count, and as the count goes higher and Loki doesn't seem to show any sign of exhaustion, I become sceptical.
"Fifty-one, fifty-two, fifty-three", I count. "Seriously, you don't even look tired!"
"I may not have the figure of my brother, but I am not completely out of shape", he says proudly while shooting a smile at me.
"I know", I answer, while looking provocatively at his arm muscles.
He chuckles. "You are enjoying the view way too much. Don't you want to exercise a bit?"
"I have a better idea!" I jump up and sit down on his back, stretching my feet out on his legs.
"Really?", he laughs. "Well, if you like the closeness ..."
"Ey!", I call playfully. "This is purely for training reasons."
Loki snickers. "I like it when you lie."
I ruffle his hair. "You better start, because if you don't, I will wreck your hairstyle."
"Oh, you think I will let you? You underestimate me."
"Do I?" With these words, I let my finger comb through his raven hair and mess it up completely.
"Hey!" Loki lets himself fall on the carpet and turns around to grab my hands. I lay on his tummy, we are both giggling.
I stare into his green, mischievous eyes and realize how beautiful his face is. His lips are tugged to a cute smile and his messy hair just adds to the look. I can feel him breathing, and without much more thinking, I give in to the butterflies in my stomach, bend down and ...
Kiss him.
The world stops as if every person, every leaf, every lint on this carpet just freezes in shock at my sudden bravery. I taste our lips and feel them mold together, they are soft with passionate, almost confident movements. And I have to say, I never felt better in my life. A rush of happiness floods my body. I feel like I am a living firework.
Then we pull away.
Loki's eyes are dreamy and looking into mine. "I am such a weak god", he says and I hear the pleasure in his voice.
Remembering his monologue from earlier, I mumble: "I should have asked."
"It's okay. It's ..." And then he kisses me again.