Chapter 29 - Ballet routines

Beginne am Anfang

"That's really smart" She commented, "She sounds like an amazing person" 

"She really was"

"What was her name?" Seven asked,

"May, May Parker" Peter replied and Seven smiled a little, enjoying how open they were being.

The two danced slowly in an appreciative silence for a minute, listening to the music and gentle chatter of others surrounding them.

"Wait I thought you were a dancer, how don't you know how to do this?" Peter spoke again, the atmosphere changing back to a less melancholy one. 

"We did ballet, not ballroom dancing" Seven rolled her eyes and smirked, "I'm great at ballet"

"Really?" Peter asked, "Will you show me?" Seven narrowed her eyes, looking to see if he was actually being serious, eventually deciding that he was.

"I mean sure" Seven shrugged, "But I don't have my slippers" she added.

"Nat probably has some" Peter said, "I think she still dances sometimes" 

"Okay fine" Seven smiled and let go of his shoulders, taking his hand instead. "Come on" She took off running, weaving through the couples dancing, trying her hardest not to bump into people while Peter was dragged behind her.

The two ran into the elevator and Seven pushed the button for their floor immediately. "Seven I just stood on so many people's feet" Peter whined which made Seven burst out laughing. "Tony's probably going to get some complaints of loose children now, we won't be invited back to any more parties" He laughed and Seven paused, 

"Is that such a bad thing?" She asked between laughs.

"I guess not." Peter smiled, "this one was rather eventful though."

The elevator came to a swift stop and the two walked out, looking around for any of the team. The lights were all off and it seemed strangely quiet, no one was in the kitchen or the living room.

"Hmm, they must all be upstairs still" Seven commented as they wandered down the hallway towards Natasha's room.

"Apart from Steve and Nat," Peter reminded her.

"Oh yeah, do you think they're asleep?" Seven asked, reaching the door.

"Maybe, they never came back" Peter knocked on the door softly and the two stood in silence, waiting for the door to be opened. 

When there was no answer Seven grasped the handle and twisted it, pushing the door open slowly. "Mom?" Seven called out but no one answered.

The room was dark and empty and Seven switched the light on, blinking harshly to adjust to the bright light. "That's strange, she isn't in here," Seven said as she checked the bathroom.

"They should be just around... here!" Peter dug around underneath the bed and pulled out a small dusty box, looking very pleased with himself. "Looks like she hasn't used them in a while," He mused, blowing the dust off the lid and coughing when he accidentally inhaled some.

Peter pulled the lid off to remove a pair of perfectly intact red ballet slippers. "Woah" Seven gasped, reaching out to take them from Peter.

"What?" He asked, confused by her reaction.

"Mine were red at the facility, everyone else had pink ones," She said, "I never knew why"

"They were really pushing for you to be just like Nat," Peter said, "It's kind of creepy when you think about it" 

"Yeah, I thought it was just because I was top of my class." Seven shuddered and placed the lid back on top of the box. It still dawned on her occasionally that she lived there for such a long time, her life changed so drastically in the last month and she was so thankful.