˚✧˳ Chapter 9 - Footage ˳✧˚

Start from the beginning

"Are you or are you not an enemy of the people?!" Elliot screamed as if we were in a live-action film about betrayals and war.

All four of us had a muddled reaction to his ridiculous approach, making him the one demented in our case.

"Such an open-ended question, yeah." Diego opened up as he cracked his knuckles.

"I mean, a lot of people treat us like their enemies." I shrugged.

"Really depends on the people." Five emphasizes.

"You move one more muscle, I will blow your brains out." Elliot threatened. Again, it's a mistake to point a rifle at someone like Five.

"You want to take this, or should I?" Diego questioned, looking down.

"No, I got him." Five answered.

"Hey, Lila," Diego called, catching Lila's attention and giving Five the chance to teleport in front of Elliot with enough time for him to snatch the weapon off of his hands.

"What the hell just happened?" Lila asked, confused as ever

'The chaotic Hargreeves siblings happened.'

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

We assembled in a room as we watched the footage roll. We didn't kill Eliot and decided to tie him down for now and have him witness what's coming when the president is about to do his parade.

"They're so cute," Lila stated as she applied another stroke of paint on Elliot's toenails.

I nodded in agreement as I focused on placing the nail polish rather than shifting my attention to the literal end of the world clue.

"I love old couples..." she added with a chuckle. "I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other."

I glanced at the monitor and found two old married couples arguing about whether the camera was turned on or not. Impatiently, Diego had his back leaned on a compartment. "Why are we watching this?" he questioned, boredly.

"Shush." Five hissed, looking for clues.

"Today's date is November 22, 1963." Dan Frankel said.

"Well, that's 6 days from now," Lila spoke. "Holy shit. This is it." Diego muttered. "The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot... How do you have this?" he queried.

"Hazel died to get me this footage. It must be the key to stopping doomsday." Five explained.

"Hazel?" Diego mentioned.

"Long story." Five replied.

"What's doomsday?" Lila asked.

"Longer story." Five added.