I scoffed, finally done with his bullshit words, and brought my knee up to his groin. He hollered as I kneed him as hard as I could, falling to his knees. I took that as my opportunity to grab the collar of his shirt and punch him as hard as I could, satisfied with the blood coming from his cheekbone from my ring slashing it open.

I groaned loudly in protest when I was picked up, being carried away.

"Let go of me, Lucian," I whined out, closing my eyes when the room began to spin from the swaying I was experiencing. "Where the hell are you taking me?"

Lucian didn't respond and I groaned to myself, growing easily frustrated with his inability to answer simple questions.

"Get the hell off of me, Lucian," I snapped angrily, smacking the palms of my hands on his muscular back as he carried me out of the club. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

It wasn't until he carried me upstairs and walked inside a VIP room that he set me on my feet. My body wobbled from both the combination of my heels and the alcohol finally reaching my brain. It didn't stop me from glaring at him, but he just stared back, his eyes blank.

As always. He was never much of a talker, unlike me. What the hell was he even doing here?

"You can't just walk into the dance floor and throw me over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes," I snapped, trying to get passed him. "I'm not a kid anymore, Lucian, okay? I'm not yours to protect—I never have been!"

Hearing those words must have triggered him because he snapped.

Lucian roughly grabbed me by the waist and pushed me against the cold wall, his body pressed right against mine. My eyes widened in shock and I met his blazing glare, feeling his hand creep to my hair and roughly twist it in his knuckles. I tried to force the lump down my throat but felt the confidence leave my body.

"I can do damn well as I please when I see my woman dancing with a man who would want nothing more than to take her back to his place," he growled out, tilting my head back by my hair.

Our lips were almost touching.
I suddenly can't breathe.

"You're mine, Mia," he spoke, this time his words low and raspy. "You always have been—and never fucking forget that."

I whimpered when his other hand moved to my throat, gripping it firmly. He glanced down at my lips for a moment before finally pulling away, leaving me breathless.

What the fuck just happened?

"How'd you know I was here?" I managed to ask without slurring.

"I own a lot of businesses in Seattle, this club being one of them," Lucian responded, grabbing my waist only when I began to lose balance. I didn't fight back because I used the last of my adrenaline on that guy downstairs. "It didn't take long for an employee to call about you being here."

"And... how the heck do they know who I am?" I slurred, tilting my head up and meeting his patient stare.

"I told you I'm protecting you, Amelia," he told me slowly. "I showed them a picture just in case you got in trouble in one of these places."

I pursed my lips and he peered down at me.

"Are you going to keep fighting me or am I able to take you home without throwing you over my shoulder?" He asked, smirking when I shrugged my shoulders.