4

Hana's POV

A dead body.

On my fucking first day.

I lost my strength and fell to the floor as I looked at it carefully. The student's eyes were open and his neck has an evidence that he was strangled as he lost his life. I can't believe this I saw a fucking dead body on my first day here.

"Hana!" Principal Eve called and tried to help me "I'll call for some help. Wait for me here" she said and rushed to ask for some help

On top of the dead body, is a note and a flower-

"Death" a voice said behind me

I looked at the student show just entered and he is looking at the dead body and not touching anything. His eyes were darted to the flower.

"H-Huh?"

He looked at me "Are you Jeon Hana?"

I nodded "I-I am"

"Then that person is giving you a message. It says Welcome home, Jeon Hana" he looked at the body again and watched the flower "Chrysanthemum means death"

"Why? I don't-"

"That means welcome to death. That person is obviously welcoming you" student

"What happened?" a deep voice asked as it appeared beside me

He is Felix.

The student I saw who came out of this room.

"Y-You..."

He looked at me with no expression that scared me to death and I just found myself sitting on the ground while staring at him.

"What's wrong with you?" Felix

"You-"

"Ya! Why is there a dead body again?!" another student entered while looking at the body "Seungmin, what those flower means?"

"Death" Seungmin, the guy who first came earlier.

"Oh? Who is Jeon Hana?" the new student asked as he looked at the note and glanced at me

I can't take my eyes off of Felix who is not talking and pretending not to know anything. He is obviously the killer. He came out of the laboratory without telling anyone about what he saw.

"Jisung, stay away from the dead body" A man said as he entered the room

"Professor Cole, the note is welcoming her. She is the new student" Jisung, the guy who arrived just now before the Professor.

"It's starting again" Professor Cole

"I just saw this student earlier and he seems bothered. He is at the field where a lot of students are. How come he got here?" Felix asked and still not bothered or guilty

"This school has a lot of shortcuts. Maybe he was lured to go here. The shortcut near the computer laboratory leads here from the field. He probably went here intentionally because it is impossible for the killer to force him to go here. He maybe wanted to meet the killer?" Jisung said

"Another one?" a new student arrived and looked at the body "Ah, Minho had a fight with him last week-"

"Ya! Bang Chan!" Jisung shouted to stop him from spilling anything

"Why here in my laboratory?" Chan asked and entered boredly

They all look unbothered by the dead body. It feels like this scene is normal to them and expected to happen.

Everything seems ordinary but how can a crime happen? Who did it?

____________________

It's been 1 and half hour since we found the body. It's been an hour since the detectives arrived and investigated the laboratory room and the rooms near it. A lot of students were watching without any expression and some looks bored.

Now, this place gives me a creepy feeling.

"The student is probably going to meet the killer. Other students said he kept receiving creepy messages and hearing something. This student knows what will happen to him but he chose to go here. He was poisoned but seems the poison did not affect this guy. The killer decided to strangle him that killed him" Investigator

I felt goosebumps when I heard the exact thing from the investigator which I heard from Jisung earlier. How come he knows what is the possible ways why he went here? And how he got here?

This place really creeps me out but it made me feel more interested to know who the killer is. Felix is the guy I saw earlier coming out of the laboratory room before we found this dead body. We also saw him going to the same direction leading to the lab room but it was a few minutes ago whe we found the body. The investigator said the poison was taking too long to kill the student. That is probably not Felix. Then, Jisung knows the possible ways but still he is not here earlier and he came late. Seungmin knows the meaning of the flower but it is also impossible because everyone can know about that. Chan is the only one who has the keys to the laboratory room but everyone can ask the teacher for another key.

"Let's go to your classroom" Principal Eve said

I followed her to my classroom, leaving the scene behind. Everyone also went to their classrooms as they heard the bell rang. We entered a room which gives me a different feeling, everyone looks classy and rich.

"We met again" Professor Cole smiled at me

"I'll leave her to you" Principal Eve said and left to go to the scene again

"Introduce yourself" Professor Cole

"I am... Jeon Hana"

Everyone just clapped and some smiled at me. As I looked at the last row, there, I saw Felix, Jisung, Chan and Seungmin.

"Akira! Raise your hand. Hana will be sitting beside you" Professor Cole said

I went and sat beside the girl that raised her hand. She then looked at me and smiled.

"I am Akira" she introduced

"H-Hi"

Her smile disappeared and gave me a worried look "You should've not went here"