#3 | Training And Consequences

Start from the beginning

Shouto was expecting more training. Pain. Instead, Endeavor grabbed Shouto's uninjured arm tightly and dragged him to a door at the back of the house. He grabbed a key, and swiftly unlocked the door, throwing Shouto inside.

"W-what are y-you doing?" He stuttered, looking up to see Endeavor closing the door.

"You'll stay here until the weekend is over. That'll teach you to be weak in this household." He stated, as the door shut with a loud bang.

Shouto sat on the cold stone floor as he thought of what he had done to deserve this.

'You deserve everything you get. You should know that by now.'

Shouto cringed. He thought the voice was gone.

'The only time I will leave is when you fade away from this world. No one wants you anyway. Not even your family.'

Shouto squeezed his eyes shut, trying to get rid of the voice.

'I told you I will never leave'

"Shut up." He whispered quietly.

'I wonder what your class will think of you. Once they see you like this. Weak.'

"They care about me. I know they do." He said; although it sounded like he was more trying to convince himself.

'So naive. They probably can't wait for you to leave. You only bring them down. The best thing you can do for them is...die.'

Realization hit Shouto. He does only bring them down. They hate him, it's clear now. They probably wanted him dead.

For the 2nd time that day, tears started rolling down the boy's cheeks. 'I ruin everything. I'm a failure. I don't deserve to be in the hero course.' He drowns himself in his thoughts. 

'I'm just a burden' He buried his face in his knees as tears start to fall faster.

『✰❦✰』

The weekend sure did take its time. At one point Shouto thought it would never end. He woke up on Sunday to the sound of the door swinging open.

"Good you're awake." His father said from the top of the stairs. "Get cleaned. You need to return to school" His father sounded disappointed. Probably because he didn't have more time to "train" Shouto. He pushed himself up, pain shot up his right arm. 'Shit. I forgot about that.' He looked down at his arm; cringing as soon as he caught sight of it. There was purple covering a big portion of his arm, showing a large bruising handprint. The skin on the edges was peeling off, and around the bruise his skin was red. This was gonna be hard to cover up. 

Endeavor was already gone by this point, so he slowly made his way up the stairs. Once he reached the top, he sprinted over to his washroom, to examine every injury. There was a large bruise taking up a good portion on the right half of his face. 'Probably from where father kicked me last night,' he thought.

He slowly took off his shirt to find out what to do for the rest of his body. The injuries on his chest were minor. The only big one being the bruise from where he was kicked on the side. He slowly took care of the bruise on his chest and applied some bandages; doing the same for any other minor injuries. Now comes the hard part. His face and arm. 

'I don't wanna irritate my skin any further so I'll just have to go with applying burn cream and wrapping it up in bandages. Now for my face...' He supposes, for now, he'll just have to cover it up with makeup.

Once he finished taking care of his injuries, he grabbed a random pair of jeans and a turtle-neck and slid it on carefully. Luckily, he was wearing long sleeves so the bandages on his arm weren't visible. If you squint carefully, you could tell there was something on his face, but he doubts anyone would notice...

'Or care.' 

The voice reminded him.

He sighed, now was not the time. He had 20 minutes to return to school before he would officially be out after curfew. He did not need Aizawa-Sensei on his tail. He decided on exiting through the window, as to not wake up his father and risk getting in deeper trouble.

He slid out and checked his watch. '11:41' He should be able to make it back in 15 if he really tried.

And so his run back to school began.

Words: 1427

Another chapter done! Let me tell you, what I originally planned for this chapter was extremely dark. heheh, only after I read it over I realized how inhuman Endeavor actually seemed. 

I don't have an exact opinion on Endeavor's redemption arc. I feel he deserves a second chance, especially looking at how hard he's trying. But tbh, he should face consequences for what he put his family through. This is abuse we're talking about after all...

✰__startover✰