Part 5

Adrien wandered into his eerily empty house. Just the sight of the house sucked the happiness from him. He hated it but couldn't bring himself to move. He walked into his room and dropped himself onto his bed. He opened his phone and was greeted by messages from Alya. It was a picture of him and Emma.

 It was a picture of him and Emma

He smiled for the 1st time in his house since the whole Hawkmoth incident. He thought about how Emma was an angel just like her mom, Marinette. He wouldn't admit it but he felt more protective over her and liked her as more as a friend for a while. She could never come close to Ladybug but if Ladybug never existed, He would have fallen hard for her. Ladybug. Adrien looked at the safe from across the room. He walked up to it and entered the pin. The day that they met and opened the door. The box that sat in there stared at him menacingly. His hand shook as he reached out to grab it. he held it in his hand for a few seconds before he was forced to drop it by the sheer amount his hand was shaking. He quickly picked it up and threw it into the safe and slammed it shut like it would escape if he did it any slower. Tears raced down his face one at a time until it became a full-on sob. "I'm sorry Tikki I can't do it. I'm not strong enough yet." Adrien apologized to the empty air.

The next morning

Adrien parked at the hospital at 10 am. His classes started at 1 pm, so he had a couple of hours to kill. He had walked past a store and saw a stuffed animal. It was a Black cat and a Ladybug, obviously Chat Noir and Ladybug inspired. He could imagine Emma playing with it and he had to get it. He walked into the hospital room with the stuffed animal and some chocolate for Marinette behind his back. "How's my favorite mother and daughter?" He asked.

"Not too bad," Marinette said.

"Well, hopefully, these can make it better." He revealed the items in his hands. "I know you love Chocolate and well I saw this inspired by our 2 favorite superheroes and I couldn't resist."

"Oh my gosh, Adrien!" Marinette said, "That's so sweet of you!"

"It's no problem, Princess," Adrien said winking. Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Why do you call me that Adrien?" Marinette scoffed.

"I don't know, to annoy you." He said bopped Emma's nose and she laughed.

"OOKKAAYY fine." Marinette said.

"Anyways," Adrien said, "When do you get out of here?"

"Oh um I think I get discharged at 5 tonight," Marinette said. "Alya going to drive me home."

"How about I give you a ride home, Marinette," Adrien said, "My class ends at 4, and it's on my way home."

"It's okay, Adrien" Marinette said.

"Please, Mari? I insist." Adrien exclaimed.

"Fine," Marinette said. They started talking about what Adrien was learning. Marinette had to admit, it was pretty interesting. Adrien's phone went off telling him only had 30 minutes to get to class. Adrien got up and promised to be back later to pick her up and left.

Later...

"Ok, are you ready to go home?" Adrien asked

"I'm more than ready," Marinette responded, "The smell of antiseptic is killing me."

"Oh, yea it's super strong," Adrien said, he turned to Emma in the baby carrier. "How about you? You ready to go to your new home?" He talked to Emma in a higher pitch, causing Marinette and Emma to giggle. Adrien stood up, "I'll take that as a yes." They walked to the car and got in. It took then a good ten minutes to figure out how to the carrier-locked into the spot. The car ride lasted as long as the fight with the carrier car seat. As they pulled up to Marinette's house and they got out Adrien said, "Just so you know, If you ever need help with anything. Don't be afraid to call me."

"Thanks, Adrien. That's really sweet of you but it's not necessary." Marinette answered.

"Mari... no," Adrien said, "You are going to call me if you need help with ANYTHING. Even the really small stuff is like getting baby food from the top shelf. Promise me you will call me."

"Fine, I will," Marinette said exasperated.

"Good, you will thank me later," Adrien said with a wink as he walked to his car. "I'll see you tomorrow." He entered his car and turned it on.

"Ok see you tomorrow," Marinette said as he drove away.

sorry that I made this chapter super short. I haven't been very motivated lately and just wanted to get a chapter out. I love to hear y'all thoughts and hoped you enjoyed it.