Chapter 14

Pain overwhelmed Moonwatcher. This pain stabbed her brain. This pain hurt more than any headache she ever had. This pain was almost unbearable. 

She watched as images flashed through her mind.

Duranta stomps out of view. After a while, she stops. She stares with fury and betrayal at a rock. So concentrated on staring at the rock, she does not notice when a pair of dragons sneak up behind her. They grab her. Duranta tries to scream for help but talons cover her snout. They put a metal band on her snout and stuff her in a sack. Then they knock her out.

A brand new set of images encircled her mind.

Testing, Duranta getting tested by the dragons. Having to shoot venom at targets and starving to death. Dying all alone. No Rainwings noticing her absence. Duranta dies because of her tribe. 

All because of the Nightwings.

*******

What was that?! , her mind yelled

"What was that?! Is it happening right now?" She yelled out in confusion

The answer dawned on her.

She already had the curse of reading minds. 

Now she also had the power of seeing the future.

Maybe it's a curse, she thought. 

"It's another curse. Another way I'm different. Another way I don't belong."

Again another short chapter! Ugh!!!! I promise the next one won't be as short. At least I'll try! Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors!