09, blood & water

SANGUIS AND HYACINTHO stillant serum

SANGUIS AND HYACINTHO stillant serum. That was the cure to the Flare virus. If only Daphne had any idea what that meant. The words tortured her on the burnt paper of the notebook, in Mary's messy handwriting. She guessed it was in a different language, but wasn't sure which one. Her dad had taught her science and math, couldn't he have bothered to teach one other language besides English?

"Sanguis, hyacintho," Daphne mumbled to herself as she walked along side Newt. Both of them wore WICKED suits, their masks covering their faces while their hands held guns tightly. They followed Gally and Thomas, who also stood in suits while they led Teresa into a stairwell.

She could feel her heart racing as it slowly sunk in that she was standing in a WICKED building, the last place on Earth she should probably be. But Trinity was here, Daphne was gonna see her sister again.

"I can get in here." Gally stopped the group, lifting up his mask. Daphne, Newt, and Thomas did the same while Teresa sat down on the ground.

"Throw me the walkie." Thomas spoke and Gally tossed it to him.

Newt leaned against the stairwell as he coughed, small amounts of sweat on his forehead. Daphne looked at him in concern as his coughs grew more violent and she walked over, grabbing his infected arm. "You okay?"

He nodded while Daphne pushed up his sleeve, seeing the infected scratch on his hand had grown much worse. Biting her lip, she looked up at him, noticing how he was getting paler before she whispered, "Just hang in there, okay? We'll get the serum and it'll be a temporary fix until I can get to a lab."

Newt just nodded once more and Daphne kissed his cheek, trying to comfort him and some way. Gally opened the electrical box, nodding, "This will work."

He placed a small box inside, closing it after him. "Alright, let's go."

The group walked further throughout the building with their masks on to hide their faces, acting as calm as they could. They stopped at a door that opened immediately and Thomas held up his gun, shooting the guard. Gally, Newt, and Daphne did the same, firing their guns at all the guards in the room.

Daphne ran to the door of the girls bunk in the large control room, shooting the electrical lock before pulling the door open. A bunch of young girls looked at her while the brunette scanned for her sister and then stared back at the girls. She pulled off her mask, smiling at them, "You're okay, guys, come on."

She led them out of the room while Newt and Thomas did the same with the boys. The three Gladers looked at each other, confused on why both neither Minho nor Trinity was there with them. Daphne spoke, "Where are they?"

"Guys," Gally called, bending down in front of the door of the vault. "This might take some time."

Daphne walked over to Teresa, who stood in front of the computer, trying to figure out Trinity and Minho's location. "Somebody's moved him up to the medical wing. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building."