CHAPTER 4 - "DARK, CRUMBLING, BRICK WALL"

GENEVIEVE, BUCKY, AND SAM were now back in the airplane, sitting in silence. Sam was laying down, Bucky looked like he was brooding, and Genevieve was sitting away from the both of them, in deep thought.

She couldn't get her mind off of the rage that had consumed her when she set her eyes on John Walker. She had met the man all of once and he had already managed to get on her nerves, to put it lightly.

"You all right?" Sam asked, motioning his head towards Bucky. Genevieve looked up from her lap, her eyes raking over Bucky. The man was hunched over, his eyes sharply staring at the floor.

"Let's take the shield, guys. Let's take the shield and do it ourselves," Bucky said, his voice deep and gravely. Sam raised his eyebrows, his arms crossed over his chest.

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it."

Bucky's head dropped lower, his jaw tightening. Sam sat up, his eyes still trained on Bucky. "Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it?"

Genevieve zoned out of their conversation, having heard this story one too many times. Hell, she was a part of it. Unsurprisingly, Genevieve had taken Steve's side during the conflict of the Sokovia Accords.

Bucky stood up, pulling Genevieve out of her thoughts about Steve. Bucky glanced at Genevieve before he sat down next to Sam, the sound of his dog tags jingling sucking Genevieve into a trance.

Her eyes squinted slightly as she read the dog tags. She read them over and over again, the engravings burning themselves into her brain permanently.

32557038

32557038

32557038

Although they were her own, actions like this always confused Genevieve. She always paid attention to detail, no matter how small or how big it was.

 She always paid attention to detail, no matter how small or how big it was

Genevieve, Bucky, and Sam now made their way down the street. As Sam stopped to have a conversation with two kids, Genevieve walked in silence next to Bucky. Her hands were buried deep into the pockets of her jacket, both balled into fists.

"Hey, what happened with Walker today?" Bucky asked quietly, his eyebrows knitted together. Genevieve chewed the inside of her cheek as she glanced up at him, only to find him already staring at her.

Before she could answer, Sam rejoined them, a small smile on his face. Bucky took one more look of Genevieve before turning towards the door, banging on it three times.

The door opened slowly, revealing a teenager with a hard look on his face. He looked the trio up and down, his eyes resting on Bucky as he started to speak.

"We're here to see Isaiah."

"Nobody named Isaiah live here," the kid answered, shifting from side to side. Genevieve was immediately able to see he was lying; he was moving too much. It was part of her basic training in the Red Room, along with learning HOW to lie.