Chapter 18 - Another Harbinger has Appeared

《Your POV》

Your immediate reaction was to shut the door on him, but he quickly stopped you.

"How did you know I was here??" You asked, obviously angry.

Childe chuckled innocently, "I saw the shorty walking out of this building with a stupid grin on his face, so I put the pieces together."

You groaned and rolled your eyes. You honestly didn't want to talk with this man. You were exhausted and tired and honestly a bit stressed out, you just wanted to go back to sleep, even if it was already noon.

"I have business to attend to so-" you started.

"Did he tell you yet?" His tone completely changed. It was similar to the last time you talked. What was with these harbingers and switching personalities so quickly?

You looked away, still blocking his way in, "I found out." He stayed silent, as if he was waiting for you to elaborate, "But we worked it out.."

Childe seemed amused, clasping his hands together, "Oooh! A forbidden love, huh? Man, out of all the harbingers, I swore Scaramouche would be the one against it. If anything, I thought I would've been the first one!"

"Are we done here?" You asked, an annoyed look plastered all over your face, hoping he'd catch the hint and leave you be. You didn't have time for this guy's shenanigans.

"I'm just here to warn you again. Even if you think you understand him, he's full of secrets that not even I know about. I'd just be cautious if I were you." He said.

There went that word again. Cautious. Why was everyone repeating that to you? You wondered why anyone would even be concerned about you in the slightest. You knew very well that you might get hurt again in the future, but you were too blinded by his charm to even care.

You folded your arms, "Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm simply worried, that's all," Childe turned around, "Well, I have an important meeting to attend to, good day!" And like that, he walked off.

Something about that guy really made you angry. Was it the way he spoke? Or maybe you just didn't like him because Scaramouche didn't. That was a possibility.

You closed the door, sighing. You could finally go back to sleep and get the much needed rest you deserved.

♢♢♢

《Scaramouche's POV》

The wide doors to the hotel slowly opened as Childe walked in. Immediately, Scaramouche knew it was him without even looking, simply because nobody else would be late to a meeting, except Childe.

Childe offered his apologies and sat next to Scaramouche, to which Scaramouche made a sour face. Almost as if Childe had some sort of disease.

"Why are you late?" Scaramouche whispered, not even looking at him.

Childe leaned back in his seat without a care in the world, "I was visiting an old friend~"

Scaramouche became angry, sitting up straighter and looking into Childe's eyes, "Did you-"

"Maybe, maybe not." Childe cut him off. After that remark, Childe grinned teasingly, "It's not like you to engage in such chitchat during an important meeting."

Hearing that made Scaramouche scowl, eventually turning back to the speaker.

♢♢♢