Chapter Eight - ✿ Simulation and Teleportation ✿

So he brought in one of his scientists and we talked. I didn't say a much during the "talk," which was mostly just questions about how I got my ability and from who and how well I could command it. Idiots. I stood there like a statue and stopped hearing words. Now my ears registered just nonsense.

"...simulation and back to your cell," Giovanni finished, waving his hand at the scientist as a dissmissal. I, of course, heard nothing before that. But I didn't let him know that, so I scowled in response. The shadow of a smirk lingered on his face for just a moment, making me believe he said something along the lines of, "Now you are going into the simulation and back to your cell."

     I mentally braced myself. Last time was when I was in the Survival Area, and I was scared half to death when I woke up. Even though nothing could ever prepare me for the simulation place.

     Giovanni moved a hand under his desk, and my mind was whisked into another place. Faintly I felt myself fall, but then I was taken more deeply into the simulation before I actually felt the floor. This time there weren't any visible surveillance or speakers, or anything. The room was the same from the battlefield before; a room that buzzed with tech and was a Pokémon Gym field, though the walls weren't anything disorienting and just white. The battlefield below me was marked out in some black marking.

     Wait, below me? How did that happen? I looked at my form, and I noticed two things: first of all, I was a Sky Forme Shaymin; and I was slowly gliding down, not actually floating. Okay... how did they make me a Shaymin and why? The second was more disturbing than anything: I could feel the chip in my body. I shivered. It was next to my spine, near my lower back. It was attached to my nervous system and therefore my brain. I pushed the thought from my mind, floating downwards. The chip hasn't harmed me physically, so I figured I could ignore it for now.

     Once I landed, something in the air shimmered. Outlines shimmered. This again. Great. Mentally I rolled my eyes and got into a fighting stance I had never known before. It must've been a Shaymin's natural battle stance. Well, that's something else I learned from my ability.

     No cat Pokémon appeared this time. No, this time it was actual weaknesses, unlike when I was a Staraptor and facing cat Pokémon. Crap. Charmeleon, Raichu, and Arboc, this time only one of each. A Shaymin's type weakness. Makes sense, but--

     The battle had begun. At first, all I did was dodge the attacks. I had seen--heck, I have made--these kinds of match ups. Normally the Pokémon with vulnerability to its opponent loses. Everyone knows that. While dodging, I mentally chose the moves I wanted to use. I found I could chose any four moves I wanted, strangely. But did I? No. Another ace. I quickly chose Leaf Storm, Solar Beam, Sunny Day, and Giga Drain.

     I dodged so far on the ground, half of myself in my mind, so I didn't have to worry about crashing into walls or Pokémon. Now, though, I had moves at my paws. I ran to a wall, bypassing Raichu and being hit by its tail. I felt a minor shock go through me, but I kept running until I was at the wall. I jumped up as high as I could, bounced off the wall, then spread out my ears all in a smooth motion that made it seem I had trained in aerial combat as a Shaymin. As I was gliding, I used Sunny Day and then charged up for Solar Beam. Arboc hit me with Smog, hitting Raichu and Charmeleon too, so I held my breath and sent a yellow beam towards it.

     Since I wasn't too far in the air, I landed running. I hit them all with a hasty Leaf Storm, sending them flying, and then I charged up for a Solar Beam again. Easier than I thought, I thought, smirking. When I was about to let the charged up energy loose, I felt as if I crashed to the ground and couldn't move. My eyes hadn't been open, but I saw the red of my eyelids, so I kept them closed. There was dead silence in the room for a minute, like a conversation was interupted. What I had "crashed" onto felt like the bed in my cell, but more rough, and there were no lights in the actual cell. Where am I? Then I sensed a presence, a familiar presence, and murmuring. Then I heard three voices, two male and one female, with worry and concern in them. I knew these voices, but I was disoriented, confused, and still had adrenaline pumping through my veins.