"There's nothing wrong," Xander said.

    "Then…Why were you staring at me like that?"

    "Because…"

    "Because?"

    "You're fascinating."

    "Fascinating? How am I fascinating?"

    "Just forget it."

    "No, I want to know why."

    "No."

    "Tell me."

    "No."

    "Tell me."

    "No."

    "Please, please, please tell me!"

    Xander let out a small chuckle. "I told you, no." He had a huge grin on his face. He picked up his can of Coke and drank. I observed him drinking, mainly focusing on his full lips. "See something you like?" I snapped back and quickly looked away, hiding my face as I felt myself blush.

    "Xander, over here!" We both turned and saw one of his other jock friends waving him over to their table. Xander turned to me and was about to speak, but I cut him off.

    "Go,"

    "You sure?"

    "Yeah and I promise to pay you back for the pizza."

    "No need to pay me back. I'll see you around." He got up from his seat and turned to his friends.

    "Thank you." I blurted out after he took a couple of steps. He stopped in his tracks and turned to me. He gave me a salute again with his two fingers; middle and index. I guess that was his "signature move". I watched him as he took a seat beside his friends and they started laughing. I turned away and continued my work but before I did, I noticed Ariel Hall giving me a weird - and scary - look. I ignored her and moved on.

    I shifted in my seat and felt something on my back pocket. It was my wallet. Great, why couldn't you show up earlier?! I could've bought my own lunch and avoided being thought of poor. But, since I couldn't find it, I got to spend time with Xander.

    3:11 @ Home

    I tip-toed across the living room sneakily, hoping my mom wouldn't notice me. I hope she doesn't like always. My mom was sitting on our dark brown leather couch watching television. I tried to avoid being seen by her. I took not even two steps up the stairs when my mom called me.

    "Where have you been young lady?" Tsh, now she was so interested in me?

    "School." I replied. I took another step and was stopped.

    "Other than school. If oyu came from school you would've been back before three," I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off. "and if you missed the bus, you would've arrived later." Oh great, I'm out of excuses.

    "I.."

    "Venus."

    "Okay, I went to the convenience store. You know the one that sells bubble tea? Yeah, I bought one and it was so g-"

    "Alright, go do your homework." Mom cut me off. Gosh, wouldn't even let me finish talking.

     I walked up the stairs and locked myself in my room. I took out my iPod from my bedside table and placed my earphones on. I turned the volume up so I wasn't able to hear anything. I sat at my work table and took out the stack of homework I had and started working on them. I spent hours just doing homework. I replayed the song "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga in my iPod. I sang along with it most of the time. There was a loud bang on my door, causing me to jump. I turned around to see that Kent had barged in my room.