Chapter 6: Reaching out

"Thank goodness, we're in time!" Sokka breathed out as they reached the Earth King and two Kyoshi Warriors. There was one with a long braid and another with two buns on either side of her head. They both had bangs.

"In time for what?" The Earth King asked, confused.

"Yeah, what are you in time for," The girl with a long braid, asked as she did a front flip and came to stand right in front of him, "Cutie?"

"Uhh... I'm kinda involved with Suki." Sokka replied rubbing his neck as a bead of sweat trickled down the side of his face.

He had learned never to underestimate the Kyoshi warriors, even if they were girls. And, he would be lying if he said he wasn't intimidated by her, a lot. Momo flew off of his shoulder, due to the close proximity between Sokka and the Kyoshi Warrior. Upon his statement, Toph turns to face them.

"Who?" The girl asked, seconds before she was thrown into the air because of Toph. She landed nimbly on her feet, behind the throne.

"They are not the real Kyoshi Warriors." Toph told Sokka, as she got into a fighting stance.
"Huh!?" The Earth King exclaimed. It made sense after all. Suki was the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, how could the girl not know her. But if they weren't the Kyoshi Warriors, where was Suki? And who were these girls? They seemed familiar to Sokka.

"Sorry to disappoint you." Mai said in a monotone voice and one corner of her mouth went up, as she threw three knives at Toph.

The earthbender put up a wall to block the attack and immediately retaliated by kicking the wall at Mai, who simply jumped over it. But right as she landed, Toph pushed up the earth beneath the girl, launching Mai in the air.
"Oof!" Mai exclaimed as her breath was knocked out of her lungs.

Gloomy girl who sighs a lot! That meant.....

He stopped his thoughts as the fight progressed in front of him, he had to say, Toph was pretty impressive. He was so engrossed in the fight, that he didn't notice Ty Lee who jumped in front of him, again. It was like she popped out of the ground all the time. She giggled at his shocked expression.

She tried Chi-blocking him, but Sokka anticipated her moves and dodged them, all while standing and changing into weird positions to avoid getting hit by her hands.
"It's like we're dancing together." Ty lee said, a little too happily.

"This fight is over," said a figure by the Earth King.

The person created a fire dagger, and the fire came out blue. Azula pressed it against the King's throat, who gulped. Toph and Sokka put up their hands in defeat, and Ty Lee didn't waste a moment in immobilising them. Momo tried flying away, but a Dai Li agent shot his glove at the flying lemur. Momo fell with a shocked expression, as his wings were bound. He bounced past Ty Lee, who was sitting between Sokka and Toph.

"Get them all out of my sight." Azula said as she pushed the Earth King out of her arms disgusted, as though he were filthy. Mai and Ty lee pulled along Toph, and the two Dai Li agents brought along Sokka, who was also dragged along, King Kuei and Bosco.

Azula smirked at her prisoners and then put on a stern expression as she turned to face the leader of the Dai Li, Long Feng. She took a look at the Dai Li and knew that she had won, even if the earthbender scum who called himself the leader didn't know, yet.

-------------------------------

"I'm sorry I yelled at you before." Katara said softly, as she put her hands behind her back and acted as though she were kicking a stone. Well this is awkward, ugh! I feel so weird. I shouldn't have been so vulnerable.