˚✧˳ Chapter 4 - A New 'Friend' ˳✧˚

En başından başla

Harry looked uneasy while Five was... Well, Five.

The sweet boy kept glancing at me, asking for answers to this unbeknownst circumstance we're all currently in.

Pretty sure after learning the fact that my Hargreeves sibling also has powers he is very confused.

"Harry, so this is my adoptive brother—" I introduced only to be cut off by the other boy.

"I'd rather be called as a 'certain' someone, Number Eight." Five raises a brow, keeping his intense glare at the edge of the other person's seat.

"Um. Right—Five this is Harry, my boss." I introduced as Harry tried to lessen the rigid atmosphere with a forceful smile which didn't work.

He revealed that the Umbrella Academy was in fact alive and I would want to discuss about it right now but Five is not really in a good mood today.

"So... After you dumped us here, this is where I ended up because of you're so-called 'time traveling' powers."

"What do you mean time tra—" Harry questioned only to be bothered mid-sentence by Five.

"It was my fault? I saved everyone's ass!" He hissed slamming a hand on the table which caused the flower vase to clang.

"Yeah! And you always popped out of nowhere at times like this!" I fumed back leaning on my chair as both of us began to stare daggers at one another.

"Well, at least, the good news is... Our family is alive." I added hiding the thrill behind my voice. I'm happy to hear that, I'm glad they are here. "How are they?"

"They aren't with me... Yet. So, we need to find them and prevent the nuclear war from happening."

"Nuclear war..." Harry muttered with his eyes much more awake than before.

"Wait, if they weren't with you... I'm the first you came to find?" I asked to clarify.

"Yes."

'Don't smile, don't smile, don't smile—'

"We need to find everyone and solve what the hell our siblings did to mess up the past." Five stood up, gazing at me intensely. His hand slides down the edges of the table as makes his way to me. "—and I just don't wanna do it alone..." He stopped once he reached the side of my armrest.

Our moment was disrupted by Harry who was listening to the whole conversation unattended. "Wait, a minute... The end is near?!" He exclaimed with fear.

"Why are you still here?" Five spoke back rudely.

I bit my lip in shame before gathering enough courage to speak the truth to the poor man. I perched up to go to him.

"End of the world—You and your brother having powers, I-I mean I already knew you had powers but there's more of you?!" He said in dismay.

"Harry," I called out, placing a hand on both of his shoulders.

He swallowed his saliva before his pupils brushed his fear to face me, his best friend. His whole body was quivering and his lips trembled, lost for words.

"I-I'm sorry if I didn't speak out the whole truth about me and my past. But please, understand for now that this is confidential... I do not belong here, Harry—I'm not supposed to be here."

Harry held his body back up as his arm snaked its way up to my elbows as if it was a secret sign to tell me that I shouldn't leave him. "I-I don't understand—t-this is all happening so sudde—"

"I'll explain everything to you when I get back but for now please keep this as a secret between us, okay?" I spoke sincerely trying to win back his trust and reliance.