She and her Uncle sat down at a booth near the door and a mocha skinned woman came towards them immediately to welcome them and get their order .

This woman reminded her of Bonnie even if she didn't much resemble her .

" Hello,Chief," the woman greeted them with a welcoming smile on her lips ," I take it ,this is Alexandra​?. You're Uncle had been talking about you non stop on the day he heard that he'd be bringing you with him . I'm Cora Bennett by the way . Nice to meet you , Alexandra ".

Alexandra's eyes widened as she heard the woman's surname being said .

She instantly wondered if Cora was a Bennett Witch and if she knew about Döppelgangers and Bonnie Bennett living in Mystic Falls.

" Um...n..nice ...t..to meet you ....t...too ,Cora ", she stuttered out a reply ,her cheeks warming up with embarrassment.

A smile  was all she got from Cora before the woman took their orders .

Alexandra ordered a cheese​ burger with fries and Coke . Het Uncle got the same even though he said that he usually got the steak .

They didn't speak much as they waited for their food to come .

Alexandra took​ the time of waiting to observe the diner's interior and the people sitting around the room  in booths .

There were mostly old men who ate dinner with a friend or their spouses , not that Alexandra would be able to guess if the women sitting with them are in fact their spouses, though . She just assumed.

The small families were only a few and there were mostly little kids and no teens of her age  .

She wondered what the teens in this town actually did for fun if there wasn't even a Grill with pool tables and such to hangout at .

Their food came and Alexandra focused on eating rather than looking around.

She and her Uncle didn't talk much as they ate . They were hungry because they haven't had lunch that day . Only breakfast .

After the funerals of Uncle John and  Aunt Jenna they didn't stay long enough for the reception. So they didn't eat and they hadn't stopped at gas stations to buy something along the road either.

After dinner they drove back to the house after bidding Cora a goodnight .

Bella wasn't home yet. Charlie didn't look too happy about it. Alexandra couldn't help but wonder what he had against Bella's boyfriend and his family.

Why did he seem like he'd explode if he could ?.

This whole thing was a mystery she wanted to solve for the peace of her own mind.

She spend the time before bed in her room texting her friends and deciding on what she'd do throughout the summer until school started .

She thought of getting a job to boost her college fund ,but where to get a job in a small town like this one?.

If it was Mystic Falls she could've gotten a job at the Grill . Maybe she should ask Cora .Or.... her Uncle .

She was about to go to bed when she heard footfalls in the hallway .

For a moment she thought of going to see who it is ,but she decided against it . It was probably her Uncle ,anyway.

She had just pulled back the covers when there was a knock on her door before it opened revealing a girl her age with thick  long  brown hair and doe  brown eyes.

" Hi ," she said ," I'm Bella . We haven't seen each other in a while so I thought you might not remember me ".

" Yeah ...um... you're right we haven't seen each other since you were like seven or eight ", Alexandra replied , remembering snippets of that short summer visit of Uncle Charlie and Bella to the Gilberts .

Elena hadn't liked the quiet awkward and clumsy little girl much ,but Alexandra hadn't minded playing with her . Jeremy had been a few years younger than them and hadn't played with them much having been too fascinated by his Uncle who was a real policeman .

Bella smiled . " Um...yeah... no ... I remember . So you're Alexandra ,right?. The younger twin ?".

Alexandra nodded . " Yep, that's me ".

" Well, I'm sorry that I couldn't come to the funeral of Uncle John . As you can see​ I've broken my leg recently . Got to wear the bloody boot and cast for a while . "

Alexandra looked down at the white and grey boot  on Bella's foot having not seen it until Bella mentioned it.

" It's fine ,Bella. I don't think anyone would blame you . "

" Okay ...well...see you tomorrow . I'm gonna hit the hay . Sleep well , Alexandra​".

" Goodnight ,Bella.  And you can just call me Alex ".
She received only a nod at that and then the other girl left leaving Alexandra with a bunch of thoughts swirling around inside her mind as she got under the covers of her bed.
          💐🏵️🌻🏵️💐
Hope you enjoyed . 💐
Okay so I made a little bit of change at the beginning of this chapter.  Hope it's right now . The hours thing, I mean . Thanks for telling me .