Kat merely folded her hands in front of her and put on one of the fakest smiles he had ever seen from her. "Can I help you?" She asked in a faux cheery voice, acting as though she was completely harmless.

"You see, you two are the only new faces I see around here." The Trandoshan said with a low growl enveloping his every word. "And news is that Han Solo's hunk of junk has landed but there's been no sighting of Solo but then I remembered he had a daughter." His grin showed off all of his pointy teeth, the low rumble of his breathing even adding to the silent threat.

"Well, whatever it is you think you're gonna do won't work because Han is dead. He's been dead for nearly two years now. So whatever issue you have with him is dead too in my book. Besides his daughter is some drunk, blonde bimbo who thinks she's some kind of princess who can do whatever the hell she wants. I can promise you, I'm none of those things."

Poe watched as the two stared each other down with bated breath. He felt the table nudge towards them and he glanced towards Kat, who still seemed so calm and collected.

"Or you're exactly who I think you are and are trying to get out of paying up just like your father."

She nudged the table back to where it was originally sitting. "You have the wrong girl."

"So you're not the same Katerina Metonae that just walked out of Dok-Ondar's? He may not have made the connection but I have." He leaned across the table with a sneer.

Kat sighed. She had been doing so well. Now to figure out how to get out of this. "Well, shit. Let me get my wallet then." She scooted towards the end of the booth, acting as though she was preparing to hand over any credits. She knew she couldn't do anything with a table between them so closer to the Trandoshan she got.

"You know, I can think of several other ways you can repay me for Solo's debts." The Trandoshan said as he reached out with a claw to trail across Kat's cheek.

And there was her window of opportunity.

Kat grabbed his arm and twisted back to raise it behind him as she stood, slamming his head down on the table. At the same time, Poe stood, pointing his blaster directly in the Trandoshan's face. "You picked the wrong girl to mess with."

When all she heard was a grumble of laughter, Kat pulled his arm higher to put it even more in an unnatural angle until the laughter turned into a groan. "You are going to leave this table and forget about any debts you may or may not have. And you are most certainly not going to touch anyone unless they ask you to, got it?"

"Got it." He confirmed and Kat let him go with a shove to the side. Soon electricity covered his body as BB-8 shocked him, complete with angry beeps.

"Thank you, Bee," Kat said to get the droid to stop.

Poe had moved to stand in front of Kat when she pushed the lizard-like alien away. Once he walked away, he turned to face her, holstering his blaster. "May I?" He asked, his hand outstretched towards the cheek the Trandoshan caressed.

She nodded and soon Poe's warm, calloused hand cupped her jaw, his thumb caressing her cheek.

"You okay?" He asked.

She nodded again, leaning into his touch. "Not exactly how I wanted things to go while we waited. I just hope no one else tries anything during our stay here."

"Well the fact that you just pinned a Trandoshan with ease, I doubt anyone's going to try and mess with you again."

She gave a small shrug. "There are still idiots out there who'd try it. Just be careful when you're traveling with Chewie please?"

Close to Me {Poe Dameron}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें