Chapter 3. Wedding Bells

(Ella POV)

Don't be nervous, everything will be fine. Those were the words that I was chanting through my head like some sort of voodoo. Of course, it was natural to be nervous on your wedding day, but that ceased to reassure me. Alice had been making small hints and suggestions through the months about the wedding. She was so pleased once we had finally decided a date. Everything changed that day; Alice began to separate people into groups as to when she was going to deal with their suits or dresses. Because I was the bride, I was the last to suffer. However, a lot more time was spent on me. We found twelve different dresses, until we finally chose the one. Each dress was more diverse from the last and the next. They ranged from short and simple to long, huge and princess-like. Of course Alice picked the perfect Cinderella dress for me. Since you know, this was a fairy tale themed wedding.

For nearly six hours, I had been sat at my dresser with Alice stood behind, to the side and in front of me. I had warned her that I wanted everything to be over the top princess like. Obviously, natural wasn't an option, and the make up was successful. the bodice was a corset with ribbons in crosses around the back to tie it up. However, this dress had a tint of blue, for me the bride, or Cinderella.

Alice had just left the room to go and grab the 'finishing touch' for my hair. The left side of my hair was combed back and all my hair hung over my right shoulder. Each curl in my hair was neatly sectioned, revealing four different layers of curls. My eyes were large and my lips gently glistened with a light blue, and pink lip gloss. I stepped away from the dresser and walked towards my bed. The stunning blue tinted princess dress lay across my bed, even making my bed look beautiful. It was waiting for me. In only a few minutes the dress would be on me, enhancing the appearance of my figure. I stared lovingly at the dress, wanting it more and more by the second.

Suddenly, I heard my bedroom door open again. Alice skipped in, holding a diamond rose in her hand. She smiled at me excitedly and then placed the rose on my desk. In less than a second, she was in front of me.

"Okay, and now time for the big finale!" she squeaked as she gracefully lifted the dress from the bed. I watched the dress as it dazzled in the light. Of course there was no sun today, but nor was there any rain, so the wedding was set outside. Alice held the dress down for me as I stepped into it. She pulled the dress up carefully in case I was stood on any of the lining. Once it was up, she held it tightly.

"Okay now turn around and breathe in." She ordered. I did as she asked and gently turned my back to her. The bodice got a bit tighter every time Alice pulled a ribbon. Eventually reaching the top and the corset was just about bearable, until Alice began pulling it in further. Eventually it was becoming nearly painful.

"Alice!" I shrieked, whilst taking in a quick gasp of air. The corset loosened a bit, suddenly.

"Oops, sorry. I forget sometimes that you actually breathe" she insisted.

"Did you forget that I have a rib cage too?" I moaned. The bodice began to tighten again, but no where near as tight as before.

"Is this okay?" she asked. I nodded. Alice then began to tie the ribbon. Eventually, she finished tying it; as soon as she was done I could just see her flash back and forth from my dresser, returning with the diamond rose in her hand.

I didn't look, but I could feel the rose slide into my hair where the left and right side of my hair joined.

"The diamond rose.."she said softly. "..it looks beautiful in your hair."

"Thank you!" I said. Alice smiled.

She gently placed her icy hands on my shoulder and walked me back over to my dresser, until I was finally in front of the mirror. I stood in front of it, bewildered. The dress even better on, I actually looked like a bride..without a veil.