Eight

right so as some of you may have noticed, I deleted 'Victory'.
but, hold your horses and guns and listen aaight
I did the stupid move of writing Victory without actually planning it so I was stuck on a blank page for what, 3 days so I called out for help but nobody helped (yet they voted😒) so I decided it was time.

Any who, enjoy this piece of fluff ok

+++

"How long are you going to be mad at me for?"

So that happened. I wasn't mad, I was just shocked and didn't really know what to say. He could have killed this guy.

I shivered in my seat and rubbed my thighs, to get rid of the goosebumps. Man, I have to shave my legs too.

"Seriously, Amelia" he sighed but never looked away from the road. "If I hadn't done it, Nick would have been dead"

Sure, Nick is a nice guy and he helped me in high school when I used to run hurdles and play baseball but, he isn't much to me. On the other hand, he's Ross' best guy friend so I can't exactly blame him.

I looked to the side. He wasn't looking at me but I could tell he was dying to say something. He was almost frustrated.

"And no I couldn't have called the police bec-"

"Stop the car" I said quietly.

"What why-"

"Stop the car" I raised the volume.

"Amelia-"

"Jesus Christ unless you want to witness Hell in real life stop the goddamn car" I spoke quietly. With a deep sigh, he pulled over to a resting station where a woman used the emergency phone.

As soon as we stopped, I stepped out, inhaling the fresh scent of where ever the hell we are. All I knew is that it smelt fresh and had a great view of the sunset.

The sky was covered in pretty purples, pinks and oranges mingling along with its usual blue. I couldn't quite bring myself to look away but I eventually began to walk.

"I don't get it" a car door slammed. "Where the fuck are you going?"

I turned around. "You know what? I don't know! Sometimes people don't know what they are doing when they receive information that their best friend, possibly the person they care about the most, is being hunted by a group of little shits because he shot one of them by accident! Maybe I just don't know okay!"

He walked until he stood looking down at me. It was possibly my favourite sight ever because I couldn't quite tell what colour his eyes were due to the reflection of the sunset on them.

I stopped breathing almost. "You care about me the most? Me?"

I looked away; to a leaf on the ground; to a passing silver car. Eventually, I nodded. My eyes diverted back to him after he chuckled. "Same"

"Are you being serious?"

"No-No, not me. I'm not the person I care about the most, that's just shallow-"

No matter how adorable it was to hear him ramble, I had to stop him.

With one foot on his, I reached up and kissed his lips in order to silence him. It was effective, and kind of the best feeling ever.

I slowly retreated from him with a smile on my face. He looked rather dazed, almost startled but he looked adorable.

"Sorry, I-"

"Don't apologise" Ross stopped me. "The feeling is mutual"

I smiled at my feet. "Aww"

"Yeah" he sighed. "I've always liked you. Even when I was with other people, I have. So, we could give it a try? See how it works out?"

It took everything in me to stop me from shrieking and floating away. "Sure"

He held my hand in his. "Now, about dinner because I'm so hungry I could eat 5 cows at once"

"If you're talking burgers my phone told me that there is a road side diner nearby" we began to walk back to the Dodge. "If you keep going down this road and take the second exit you'll be there"

+++

"These fries are life"

"Oi" I smacked his hand. "I don't share food"

"Not even with the person you care about the most" he fake pouted.

"Okay maybe I do" I smiled. "I will share food- with me, myself-"

"And I" he finished and nicked two of mine and I took two of his.

The diner was mainly deserted except from a couple over at another booth and a lady with her friend over by the corner. At the counter, a waitress messed with the straws out of boredom.

The air in here was light & easy with the hint of burger sauce. In the background played Head.Cars.Bending by The 1975. I watched quietly as Ross devoured the remains of my burger (there was no way I could finish a burger the size of my face). He looked back at me intrigued. "What?"

"Nothing, you just look adorable when you eat"

"You mean inhale" he chuckled. "But this is all on point. The food, the setting, us"

I smiled and nodded, until my ears picked up what song was now playing. "Ross oh my god listen"

The City came on and he took my hand. "Stand up"

"What why-" he slowly pulled me up. And started to dance. Dance.

"This is so embarrassing" I whispered.

"Then let it be" he shrugged. "Life is too short to be scared of doing anything"