𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ── 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞.
. . . .

"𝙔ou know, most people tend to just eat their food." Brianna whispered to Elena that night as they sat at the Hufflepuff table. Jake was beside her, Amir flanking Elena's right-side with Cedric on her left. Elena had looked up from her plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

"It's her." The girl whispered and her friends, including Amir ❨ who was actually in Gryffindor ❩, furrowed their brows in confusion. "Dolores Umbridge, my parents told me she had been my aunt's lover of some sorts."

"Now that's disturbing." Brianna concluded.

"I could've gone my entire feeble existence without knowing that but yeah, tell us more." Jake mumbled to himself, really disturbed.

"Savannah escaped again." Elena revealed, holding up a neatly written letter from her mother. Brianna was first to read it, then Jake, who handed it Cedric and the Head Boy neatly folded it, placing it in his pockets. It was clear not one of them liked Amir, except Elena of course, but they only sucked it up for her.

"Is your mother alright?" Cedric asked, in his usual kind tone and Elena nodded.

"I believe she is, I don't know how safe I am here though. With Umbridge being here and all." She sighed, pushing around her food again.

"It's just an empty threat El, I don't think Savannah will really come here, and tor ━"

Something snapped in Elena. She rarely got angry, she tried to be kind most of the time to avoid being angry. "You weren't the one being tortured by her! You weren't being the one told how worthless and unlovable you are!"

Brianna's mouth hung open as she tried to form words in her brain but when none came, Elena stormed out her seat and marched over to the Slytherin table, forcefully sitting beside Draco and Theodore.

"Eve." Pansy greeted, a bright smile on her face. "How was your summer?"

Elena forced a smile at the enthusiastic girl. "It could've been better. How was your summer?"

Pansy's eyes lit up and beside Elena, both Theodore and Draco let out little groans. "It was amazing! My parents and I went to Paris, then we went to Munich. I daresay, traveling by Portkey is rather fast but so chilling, I don't like it..."

"You don't like anything or anyone." Blaise reminded the girl with a grunt and Elena giggled a little, the little argument she had with Brianna being pushed to the back of her mind.

"But she does like anything with a you know what between their legs." Theodore added and Elena nearly laughed when Pansy turned red, already reaching over the table to strangle the boy but he had swiftly shifted and she nearly planted down on the bowl of meatballs.

"Make that a big you know what." Draco hummed and seconds later, a meatball landed right on the bridge of his nose and everyone laughed. "Parkinson, what in Merlin was that for?"

"Oi! It wasn't me." Pansy defended herself and Elena could see Vega hurriedly hide away the spoon she used to flick the meatball at Draco. "It was Vega."

Vega Lestrange was absolutely gorgeous in Elena's point of view. She's seen the looks Theodore gave her whenever he thought she wasn't looking, and the looks Vega have him when she thought Elena wasn't looking. But Elena was naturally kind at heart, so she didn't say anything about it. Besides, if Theodore said they were nothing more than friends, then it has to be true. What reason would Theodore lie for?