•|| Just Another Night ||•

Mulai dari awal

After a few minutes, she signed in three, two, one. "Riddhima, the towel and clothes?" Vansh asked innocently. She chuckled knowing his everyday routine very well. Giving him the towel, she moved to the kitchen. With such a cold weather and him being ill, it was needed to serve him hot food. So, she decided to make some soup. Vansh came out of the bathroom rubbing his hair with the towel. He threw the towel on the bed and looked around. Then it clicked in his mind that she might be in the kitchen. Closing the door behind, he walked to the kitchen.

Riddhima at last poured water for the soup when two hands snaked in her waist. "Vaansh" she giggled turning face to face. "What are you cooking?" he sniffed in when his closed nose due to cold opened up. "Felt nice, right?" she asked out with care. "I made soup for you" she said knowing it would take more 5-10 minutes for it to get ready. She circled her arms around his neck and he made her sit on the counter clearing the space for her.

"You didn't pick up my call" she huffed. "I know, the battery was dead and the car didn't have enough fuel to charge the phone again" he reasoned out. "I'm sorry" he pouted. "It's okay, my baby" she pulled his cheeks smiling wide. "The soup is ready, I guess" he raised his eyebrows tilted his head. She smacked her head remembering she had kept the soup on the stove and jumped off the counter. She turned around and mixed the soup one last time. Vansh went to his chair on the dinning table. Switching off the stove, she served the soup in a big bowl and kept the tray in front of him.

Vansh caught hold of her hand with his one hand and tilted the chair facing him with his other. He made her sit on the chair and pulled the chair towards him. Riddhima took the bowl in her hands and blew some air on the spoon filled with soup. She forwarded the spoon which he accepted happily. He then took the spoon from her hand fed her. The same happened till the soup was over and hearts were contented.

"What's the plan now?" Riddhima asked keeping the tray on the counter. Vansh who was washing his hands looked up, "A movie? It had been days since I saw one" he admitted. "Titanic?" she beamed.

"Romeo, Save Me, I've Been Feeling So Alone,
I Keep Waiting For You, But You Never Come,
Is This In My Head? I Don't Know What To Think,
He Knelt To The Ground And Pulled Out A Ring"

"And Said, "Marry Me, Juliet,
You'll Never Have To Be Alone,
I Love You And That's All I Really Know,
I Talked To Your Dad, Go Pick Out A White Dress,
It's A Love Story, Baby, Just Say, "Yes"

She started the song, he ended it. They both laughed wholeheartedly. Riddhima arranged the sofa and some popcorn while Vansh set up the projector near the poolside. He snatched the remote and sat on the sofa. Riddhima covered herself and Vansh in the blanket and snuggled her arms in his. Vansh too pulled her to himself with her shoulder. The movie started and they settled getting engrossed in the movie. The comfort zone they found was in small small things. Nothing too exaggerated, just how simple things would go.

From meeting each other, to falling in love with each, to ending up loosing each other, the movie ended on a sad yet satisfying note. "I'm blessed that I have my Soulmate not just for three days but for my whole lifetime" she looked up at Vansh and found him sleeping. She kissed him on his cheeks and slept in his embrace. Vansh slowly opened his eyes and kissed her forehead, "I'm blessed too." He looked at her who was sleeping peacefully. He covered the slipped blanket on her and drifted back to deep slumber.

MERI BETUKI RANTS:-

If you actually imagined them doing all this then I must say my work is done here. Also, two minutes silence for the 'ON HOLD' written on the title. Since all the chaos in the serial is now going about a simple life, I thought why not a drabble on it? So, I've written all this inspired by the cyclone going right now. And and and if you find it worthy enough then click the VOTE button right down there. See ya in the next part! Till then take care and stay safe.💜

💜