XIII

jimin was attempting to overtake his thoughts with the bitter smell of coffee as he came into his business the next day.

after hoseok had left the previous night, jimin felt a terrible type of pain, as if someone had taken his heart right out of his chest and threw it on the floor next to him. when yoongi eventually returned to the homely apartment in the evening, jimin wasn't sure what to say.

yoongi looked utterly exhausted. he removed his jacket smoothly, not once  bothering to even look in jimin's direction, exclusively keeping his eyes on the floor.

jimin rushed over to the older man, retrieving his jacket and folding it over his arm. it was silent for a few minutes, the sounds of the old apartment filling the room.

"i saw hoseok." yoongi muttered, after being inaudible for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"oh." was all jimin could muster up to say in return.

did yoongi know about what hoseok had told jimin? and, if not, should jimin be the one to break the news to him? they had just had a conversation longer than two sentences for the first time the day prior. how could jimin be the one to send this poor man into another spiral.

"he came over today." jimin whispered, afraid of the way his voice sounded. yoongi flinched, feeling the same fear of the voice that he was sure was going to wound him.

"he saw me here, and said that," jimin couldn't bring himself to say what came next.

"said what?" yoongi asked, finally bringing his eyes up from the floor to look in the general direction of the plump lipped man in front of him. he still made no eye contact, afraid that would give too much away.

"said that, you two were over." jimin muttered as quietly as his voice could go.

the rest of the night went as one would expect when being with a mentally ill man who had his heart broken and a boy with a savior complex. yoongi locked himself in his room, refusing to open up or even talk to jimin, while jimin was on the other side of the door, his back leaning against the bolted entrance and his lower extremities on the floor. they remained like this the rest of the night, jimin eventually finding a few hours of sleep while still being sat outside the room.

when it came morning time, jimin knew he had to leave. one of his employees had covered for him yesterday, but he couldn't be gone for too long. it was his shop after all. yoongi was still sleeping, made evident by the snoring heard from his room. jimin snuck out of the house, being careful to close the door quietly behind him.

the sky was still dark, as the sun began to creep over the edge of the landscape. jimin breathed in the beautiful sight, trying to think of anything else besides how wonderful it would be to see this sight with hoseok.

or yoongi.

it was foolish for jimin to toss off the feelings that he had accumulated for the man, but it didn't matter now. both men surely hated him at this point.

his time at the shop was as serene as it could be. he enjoyed his time working where he felt most confident.

jimin's face was almost brought into a genuine smile until they walked in.

the sun he once knew as hoseok was now the stone-faced man.

and the stone-faced man he once knew as yoongi was now a walking hurricane of anxiety and fear.

"hi jimin."

...

love isn't a feeling, it's when i'm with you