[3] - 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯

Start from the beginning

He sighed, "That's your cue, brother."

Behind the stairs, Y/N was waiting with the large cabinet. "Really? I didn't hear you clearly."

"I couldn't have said it any louder." Vision tried again, "The Cabinet of Mysteries!"

Y/N heard it this time and pushed the prop towards Vision. He was in awe of the sight.

"Holy, Toledo. Do all the other acts in this talent show have such elaborate props?" He asked.

"Wanda thought this would be a great idea." Y/N replied as his wife walked into the room, "Ain't that right, darling?"

"Someone summoned me?" She asked.

"I was just in awe at the sheer size of this prop." Vision answered as he looked at the cabinet.

"Fred and Linda are building a moat and a fully-functioning portcullis and no one even knows why." She replied.

Y/N, Vision, and Wanda were going to do a magic act for a talent show in front of the people of Westview. Vision, for unexplained reasons, was going to overstay his visit and decided to assist in their act.

"We should continue." Y/N said.

"Yes, yes. Where were we? Oh, yes...you're part." Vision said.

Y/N stood beside his brother and motioned his hands toward Wanda, "Watch closely as we, Phantasm and Illusion, Masters of Enigma, make our captivating assistant, Glamour, disappear."

He opened the doors of the cabinet and let Wanda step in.

"You really are very dashing." Wanda remarked.

"Thank you, love." He replied out of character, but quickly resumed, "Fear not, Glamour. For the Masters of Enigma vow to bring you back exactly as you are."

He shut the doors, and called over Vision. He raised his wand and Y/N brandished his hands.

"Abracadabra!"

Vision opened the doors, and Wanda was nowhere to be seen. "Ta-ta!"

Moments later, Wanda came out of the hidden compartment within the cabinet and gave an applause.

"Hmm, we're not at all worried that the audience might just see through this little charade?" Vision asked them.

"That's the point!" Wanda replied as she walked out, "In a real magic act, everything is fake."

"Unless you want us all to fly hundreds of feet in the air and give them a real show." Y/N remarked as he crossed his arms.

"The talent show fundraiser is the most important event of the season, and it's our neighborly duty to participate." She continued, "Plus, it's our chance to appear as normal as possible while doing so."

"Well, I don't think that should be a problem." Vision sarcastically remarked as he pointed as his synthezoid face.

Wanda looked at Y/N, "This is our home now." She looked at Vision too, "This is your home too. I want us all to fit in."

"We do." Y/N caressed her shoulders, "We shall."

"And we're gonna knock their socks off." Vision chimed in as he pumped his fist.

"Especially with you..." Y/N walked over to the sofa and picked up a set of clothes, "...wearing this."

It was a costume for Wanda to wear during the act, and she shook her head at the sight of how revealing it was.

"Oh, no. That's the rest of your costume."

Vision laughed at his sister-in-law's comeback, and Y/N nudged him on the shoulder.