[8] - 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘯

THE AVENGER WALKED DOWN the sidewalk with his head down and hands in his sweater pockets. He couldn't believe how Tony supported keeping Wanda confined at the compound.

Y/N thought about how much of a mistake it was to trust the Accords. He should've listened to Sam and Steve. He shouldn't have tried to convince Wanda to sign, and was thankful she still hasn't decided.

He didn't know what to do next. He already signed the Accords, and his remark to Tony about using whiteout surely wasn't going to work.

He felt stuck. He put his name down on legislation that he no longer supported. What was he going to do?

Suddenly, Y/N heard sirens. Two police vehicles stopped near the sidewalk and task force officers exited them. Y/N was confused.

"Y/N L/N. We need to take you in." An officer said as he walked up.

"What's this about?" He asked.

"Under orders of Secretary Ross. Hands behind your back."

Of course, Y/N thought.

"I'm not going with you."

Another officer was behind Y/N and forcefully grabbed one of his arms. As much as Y/N didn't want to, he had to act. He wasn't going to obey Ross's orders.

Y/N pushed the officer away, which caused another one to charge at him. Y/N kicked him away, and one more officer ran up to Specter, swinging a baton.

Y/N grabbed the officer's hand and countered with a punch to the face. He kicked him away, and swept the legs of another officer who sprinted at him. The rest of the officers raised their rifles afterwards.

Y/N didn't want to take them all down, so he quickly transformed into his Specter attire and flew up. The officers fired at him to no avail, and the Avenger fled the scene.

Specter kept flying, with people in the streets of Berlin looking up at the streak of black and orange.

• • •

STEVE ROGERS STOOD in the garage, leaning against the wall. Bucky was sitting, looking down at his hands. He was explaining to Sam and Steve about how Helmut Zemo was searching for the remaining Winter Soldiers like him.

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see it coming." Bucky finished.

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago." Sam said to Steve as he walked up to him.

"If we call Tony—"

"No, he won't believe us."

"Even if he did—"

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help."

Steve sighed, Sam had a point. Tony was bound to the Accords that he supported. He thought of his other friends.

Natasha was on Tony's side, and so was Vision and Rhodey. Y/N agreed with them, while Wanda was still undecided. Steve and Sam were fugitives, and they were alone.

"We're on our own."

"Not quite." Steve heard a voice say. He looked to his left, and saw Y/N in civilian attire by the open garage door. The two were surprised to see him.

"Y/N? How'd you find us?" Steve asked.

"You come to arrest us or something, ghost boy?" Sam cut in.