high rise - jett x reader

the wind howled, blowing your hair in every direction. you looked ahead to jett, your best friend and longtime crush, as she kept her balance on the skinny beams, waddling across as you stood on the other side, terrified.

"jett- i'm gonna fall!" you exclaimed, sticking your arms out for balance as your knees trembled from the height.

"not on my watch." she said calmly, striding back to you and taking your hand in hers, then turning around and smiling over her shoulder at you. oh, she didn't even have to try to make your heart flutter.

she squeezed your hand as the two of you crossed the skinny support beam, reaching a final platform high in the air.

"here it is! my favourite spot." jett exclaimed, sticking her arms out in flourish.

it made so much sense. the wind blew so nicely up here, and jett always had such a special bond with it. you knew damn well jett would do anything to try and get closer to that freeing feeling of wind. the view looked out into the remains of what was once some quaint small town.

"i wanted to take you here awhile ago, but with the protocol and everything i could never find the chance to properly ask you. and i still haven't." she said, hanging her head down slightly as she crossed her arms.

"what do you mean? you don't have to ask me if you can take me places." you said, smiling reassuringly at her.

"no, Y/N. you don't understand. i wanted to ask you here like... as more than friends." she said, her cheeks slowly heating up as she glanced up to the side, trying to avoid all eye contact with you.

you could feel your heartbeat in your throat. was she serious?!

"jett..."

"and you don't have to say anything if you don't want to- if you want to be here as just friends that's ok. i'm perfectly fine with that too. i just want to be here with you regardless of how you feel about me." she rambled.

"jett! shut up!" you exclaimed, tears filling your eyes as a smile rose up on your cheeks. "i want to be here with you. as more than friends." you laughed, exhaling the lump in your throat.

"Y/N... are you serious?" jett asked. her eyes slowly crinkling with a smile.

you rapidly nodded your head, and she approached you, arms outstretched. you quickly sank into her touch, holding her body against yours as you both sniffled back tears.

"i was so scared. i didn't want to ruin anything but i- i'm so glad i did." she nuzzled her face into the crook of your neck, as you held the back of her head close.

"i'm glad you did too."

an:
ok this is the first one i'm writing for this book and it's also 1:30 am so here's just something for now :) i wanted to get something out for this book as i'm so excited! i'll be sure to upload more stories soon, so please stay tuned!