Where Am I?

The year is 1994, in a bland town just outside of Seattle, Washington. Astaroth, a 16 year old girl who's name is odd, that is about all the other students know about her. She was sitting on a bench outside of her high school. Astaroth was skipping her last class of the day because she thought,

"well, I went to all of the others...".

As the school bell rang for the kids to be dismissed, kids came flooding out of the building and made their ways home, so did Astaroth. She walked as slowly as she could on her 2 mile journey back to her parents house, taking in as much of the autumn scenery as she could. She loved watching the seasons change, she always felt a connection with each one, as if they were their own person of somewhat. Her favorite season however, was fall. Never knowing why, Astaroth just felt alive during the season.

She walked up the stairs to her house, lighting a cigarette when she came near the door and walked inside, still with the cig in hand. Her parents didn't mind much at all, they could care less. Her father was always at his girlfriend's house, he lived half here and half there. On the other hand, Astaroth's mom was always around, she had a job at the local grocery store. She had always loved her mom, even though she could be hard on her sometimes.

Astaroth dropped all of her school things onto her bed and quickly headed to the door to go for a walk. Her mom stopped her before she got to the door and gave her a pinched face.

"Where do you think your going?"

"For a walk-" She said sounding unsure until her mother cut her off.

"Well not until you give me the money for the water bill, did you forget or something?" Her mother said. Astaroth and her mom had to split the bills, as her mom always says,

"You live here, you pay your part."

Astaroth hated it, she didn't have a job that payed good, so she never had enough to pay for it. Luckily, this time she did. She handed her mom the money and shot out the door.

Her backyards was the woods. She spent a lot of time there, just walking around, admiring nature. She also thought a lot while she was there. Astaroth never felt at home, even while she was at her house. She felt like she didn't belong anywhere. Often dreaming of another world, constantly replaying these dreams in her head of this place. Her heart hurts just thinking about this place, it's like she's homesick for a place she's never even been.

There came an intense feeling of grief wash over her. The trees sway back and forth as a sudden wind comes from out of the blue. Her body goes cold, shivering as her body lifts off of the ground, not but an inch. Her vision fades and it became hard to see. Then everything stops as a tear comes from her eye. She lay on the dirt and leaves crying,

"I hate when this happens."