A Bunch of Crazies, an Explanation, and a Chase

Start from the beginning

“That is exactly what I figured, but I will do anything in my power to heal him. I already promised Gai that I would. I don’t break promises and I don’t plan to start now. I healed him up to this far, but Hijuya and I both knew that there was nothing else we could do and that we needed your input. I will learn anything I possibly can to help him….” I tell her. Tsunade looked surprised to hear that Hijuya helped out. “Gai told me that it was his dream to become a ninja…Lee will do the surgery, and when he does, I will use mine, Hijuya’s, and Kyo’s chakra until he is in perfect condition. Please, Lady Tsunade…please?” I begged her quietly.

“Tsunade…the only reason I do not like you is because you sealed me when I was finally free again…but, if that had not happened, I would still wish to kill people. I owe you for that. this girl here is important to me. She is my last remaining family besides Kaname. I wish to help the boy. Hitsuki and I healed him with our depleted chakra…I don’t want our efforts to be in vain. I don’t want to see that boy broken, especially because of the fight he went through to get to this state!” she told her, a firm tone lacing her voice. Tsunade was absolutely shocked. She seemed to regain composure.

“Fine, I will let you both help…but only if Lee comes o me of his own free will. Don’t you two think I am not doing anything to help him, either. I want there to be a bigger chance for this surgery to work, even if it only becomes a 51% chance.”

“Yes Lady Tsunade, I look forward to working with you!” I said bowing. Hijuya surprised Tsunade again by bowing, before fading away. I sighed and left after that, heading home. I felt Sasuke around the Sound Four, fighting. I nodded my head and continued on my way.

‘So you really do understand that even if you help him in that fight, it will only make him realize how much stronger he needs to be. Even if you try to stop him when he leaves…he will only keep moving towards power…’ Hijuya whispers through my mind. I look up at the dark shy and the moon. Yes, I did know that, but it didn’t make me any happier. He would always leave.

When they find him gone they are going to send out a search party after him. I will go with them, but only to help them not to die. Sakura will try to stop him if she sees him. I sigh again as I walk into my house, going to Kakashi’s room (soon to be ours) and slamming my body onto his bed, immediately falling asleep.

                                                            ***

I woke up to the sun just starting to rise. I got up, took a shower, and got dressed, bandages and all. I knew what would come next and immediately started my walk to the Hokage’s building. Sigh, four in the morning is just not the best time, but it’s not like I woke up voluntarily….stupid nightmares.

I jumped through the window while Shikamaru was yelling loudly. “Why would Sasuke be persuaded by such a dangerous guy?!”

“Well, I guess you guys found out. Good, I really didn’t want to tell you,” I said, yawning.

“You knew he left?” Tsunade asked me. I nodded my head before bowing to her.

“Yes, I did. But, I was not foolish enough to believe that anyone could do anything to stop him. I know how tempting power can be, better than most, and me being in his life…how strong I am…was enough to convince Sasuke that Orochimaru could give him power.” Tsunade sighed and looked back to Shikamaru.

“That is all beside the point. We are running out of precious time…for the time being, Shikamaru…I’ll be giving you your first mission, right now.”

“So you want me to follow Sasuke and bring him back?!” Shikamaru asked. Tsunade nodded and glanced at me, giving me permission to speak.

“Four of Orochimaru’s most trusted and strongest…pawns…are here to escort Sasuke to him. They are deadly and dangerous. When you go after Sasuke, you will risk running into them…” I told Shikamaru.

“WHAT?” Shikamaru exclaimed. He thought for a moment. “Therefore, for this mission, I ask for a team comprised of only Jonin and Chuunin.”

“….That…I cannot do,” Tsunade told him.

“Wh…Why?!”

“You should know…Asuma, Kakashi, and even your father…right now, most of the upper ninjas, besides the important ones that stay here, are out of the village doing missions. You have thirty minutes…gather as many worthy Genin that you see fit, and leave immediately!”

Shikamaru had a grave expression before looking at me. “What about Hitsuki?”

Tsunade looked at me for a second before I spoke up. “I will go with them. I know the Sound Four…and I will not see my friends die when I can help them.” Also…I don’t want to risk the chance of Kimimaro showing up…no matter how sick he is…

“No, I can’t have that. We need to perform Lee’s surgery. When that is done, then you can catch up…” Tsunade told me. I nodded after a moment of thought. I had been practicing for Lee’s surgery secretly…after stealing Tsunade’s notes.

“It’s going to be troublesome, but it’s someone I know, I can’t just let it be. Well…I’ll do what I can,” Shikamaru said, leaving.

“…There’s one person…I would like to recommend to you…” Tsunade told him. I smirked at her.

“Naruto!” we both said in unison. Good luck guys…wait until I catch up to even come close to dying!

“Lady Tsunade…I guess you know about me stealing your notes…although I didn’t really try to be sneaky…and you had like four ANBU stalking me to check my progress…” I told her. She sighed.

“Yes, yes…now come on. Let us go get ready for Lee’s surgery!” she told me standing while I followed her to the village gates.

“You do realize that Lee is going to see them off…and that as soon as his surgery is finished, the both of us will be going after them, correct?” I asked her. She sighed as she took a turn to the gates.

“Yes, I do…that is precisely why I am going to get him now. And, that is only if he agrees to the surgery.” I sigh, looking up at the sky. The first step for Sasuke getting to the second stage of the curse mark is a death state. I have already gone through that, but, my curse mark still burned my skin. I hated to use it simply because of this fact. It only hurt me because of how it affected my body and my chakra. I have three, now four, different chakra sources inside of me. It makes them go out of whack, but if I needed the power…I could easily use it.

We came upon Lee and Sakura standing at the gates. I depart there and head to the hospital, sneaking in to the surgery room where Tsunade has hidden her notes. I sit down and read until she comes in and we begin the surgery. We take the necessary precautions and begin to fix Lee. I know it has something to do with his blood cells. All I really know is that I heal and Hijuya moves the blood. This made for good time, and soon we had fixed him. Hijuya and I both used up half of our chakra.

“I really don’t think you should go after using up so much chakra.” I smile at her.

“Thank you for worrying, but I owe the Leaf my life and this is one way I can pay a small part of a huge debt. I am going to go get a flare gun and set out. I will shoot fares where there are injured that cannot fight any longer,” I told her, already leaving. I heard her shout a reply but dashed out the door and headed straight to my room. I grab the flare gun and dash off, meeting Lee at the gates. He is quickly following behind me.