[2] - 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

Start from the beginning

"Why are they here?" Wanda tried again.

Y/N examined her dress again, starting to like it the more he looked at it, "What are you wearing?"

"It was for our anniversary!"

"Our anniversary of what?"

"Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"

Y/N started pacing around the kitchen, pointing at the closed shutters that lead to the living room.

"That man through there is my boss, Mr. Hart! And his wife, Mrs. Hart!" He then pointed at the calendar on the wall, "The heart on the calendar was an abbreviation."

"You can walk through walls and I can make a pen float through the air. Who needs to abbreviate?" Wanda was flabbergasted.

"Honey, listen, it's all romantic to do the candles, the music, that stunning outfit...I don't wanna be unappreciative, but right now—"

"Your boss and his wife are expecting a home-cooked meal." She finished for him.

"Exactly."

Wanda sighed as she looked over at the table beside them.

"Any chance they can go for a single chocolate-covered strawberry split three ways?"

Y/N also looked at their anniversary dish, "That was all you were going to do for tonight?"

She bit the tip of her thumb, "Well, I assumed most of our night would be spent upstairs and not out here."

He took time to process her statement, and gave a nod once he realized what she was inferring. Getting dinner with the Harts done as soon as possible would be ideal.

"I might have a better idea." Wanda added and brought him out of his thoughts. With a snap of her fingers, she changed into appropriate attire and was prepared to save the night.

Y/N crossed his arms, "Once they leave...you mind bringing that outfit back out?"

She rolled her eyes, "Go keep your boss occupied before you get fired."

• • •

AFTER SEVERAL CLOSE CALLS and an appearance by Agnes dropping off more ingredients, Mr. Hart was starting to get a little impatient. Singing more Yakety Yak and Old MacDonald wasn't going to work.

"You know, I'm beginning to think you're not management material, L/N." He began, "You know, I had high hopes for you. But from what I've seen here tonight, you can barely keep it together. I mean, look around. There's all this chaos going on in your household. Now what are we going to eat?"

Y/N listened as he stood beside Mrs. Hart, then he heard Wanda call out from behind them, "Dinner is served."

They turned around, seeing Wanda standing beside a set table with food and utensils. Y/N smiled, she really saved that night despite the hectic-ness.

"Breakfast for dinner?" Mr. Hart raised a brow. "How very..."

"European." Mrs. Hart interrupted her husband, wanting to get on with dinner already.