His eyes became sleepy and half-lidded as he felt Bruce's hand come to rest gently on his head. So comforting, just like when he was young.

Bruce as well moved to say something, and like before, Dick couldn't quite grasp what he was saying.

But it didn't matter. The tone was enough. Soothing, reassuring...

And he felt so blissfully warm. So comfortable. And so safe.

So sleepy.

If he could just close his eyes a little more...

Everything is alright. He can rest.

He can--

Bruce's hand receded from his forehead and his face vanished from Dick's view.

Dick's eyes opened a little wider.

Why did he leave? Who else could possibly--

There was a flash of red and soon emerald eyes were staring down at him.

Dick's eyes widened further, his pupils dilated and he felt his muscles seize up.

Why was he here?!

Wasn't their 'conversation' in the Hall of Justice enough for Wally?!

A strangled sound came from Dick's throat, struggling to say something.

Anything. Anything at all to make him leave.

He couldn't deal with him right now, not again. He had too much to worry about.

Artemis, Kaldur, and everyone else.

He had to find a new base, a new home for his Team. And he had to protect Tim.

He couldn't lose another brother, not like he lost Jason--

No, no that's not right either! Jason was just there!

H-he was just in front of him! Wasn't he?!

He started desperately trying make his body listen to him, he had to get up!

His fingers twitched, grasping at the bedsheets, his hands raising up and scraping at the rails of the bed, causing a sharp pain to resonate from his hand.

A sudden, harsh beeping cut across his foggy mind. But to him, it was an alarm for an incoming attack.

Up. UP. GET UP!

Strong hands grabbed his flailing arms and he soon saw Bruce's face again, eyes gentle but stern.

The hands gently forced his arms down to his side again, Bruce's mouth moving quickly, his eyes never leaving Dick's.

"-down! You have to calm down, you're starting to hyperventilate-- Leslie, he's--"

Footsteps rushed inside the room, muffled yelling reaching his ears.

"Need-- keep him still... have to... sedate him!"

No. NO.

Dick's eyes were bulging, sweat pouring down from his face, hands clenching into fists.

"Panic attack-- hold his arm!"

NO!

He felt a sharp prick in his arm and his body instantly stilled, going slack against the bed.