Sightseer

Wednesday Afternoon

After the bell had dismissed the students for the day, Johnson merged into the group of football players and headed out to the field. He thought about when Jordan lost control and ran out by the field and they had to calm her down. Although, her outburst put the rest of them in danger, he never regretted agreeing to letting the girl join the team. She meshed well with them and she was honestly a cool girl. He never paid much attention to her before that because he didn't like who she hung out with and she ridiculed him after the fallout. He was still popular but after Johnson dated one of Jordan's old friends and they broke up horribly, his reputation simmered a bit.

But, it returned when he initiated the idea to prank the school by egging all the teachers' cars and pulled the fire alarm various times. Students loved the popular, rebel quarterback. He was known for his pranks and the young teen appreciated the praises. He welcomed it. It made him feel like he belonged.

After he was kicked off the football team for his biggest prank—setting booby traps on all the staffs—he felt lost again. It caused him to jump from social group to social group to find his place, yet was unsuccessful. That was until the launch and the extended family he found in the mist of danger and change.

Since Johnson was one of the best that was on the team and still having that connection with them, the coach, Coach Daniels, allowed him to run practice with them to prepare him for his senior year return. They set up and start practicing.

About two and a half hours later, they called it a wrap and bum rushed into the locker room, chatting and laughing together. Johnson claimed a seat on the bench as he tried to catch his breath and relax his aching limbs.

A football player walked by him in just towel as he smacked him on the back causing Johnson to groan in pain. "You still got it, Ace." He complimented then unlocked his locker to get his clothes.

In a collective roar, the team shouted out, "YEAH, ACE!!"

"Thanks."

"We need back on the team, bro." Another one added and they agreed.

He shrugged his shoulders while pulling his shirt over his head as his long hair slicked back from the sweat. "Coach said next year I can come back if I want to."

"You definitely have to come back. We need our captain." Johnson nodded his head in response. The boy—now fully dressed after his quick shower—pushed his locker shut. "Alright, my people's outside. Catch y'all later." He announced then dapped the ones out the shower and walked out with his bag.

Johnson untied the lace to one of his sneakers as he pulled the shoe off his foot. The young teen reached for the other shoe but felt eyes on him. Glancing up, his blue eyes locked on pitch black eyes. Nathan stared at him from his locker emotionless. Johnson's face dropped as he glared at him before untying the shoe string then slipped it off and put them on the bench next to him.

Suddenly, Nathan's stoned face twitched and Johnson looked away as the other teammates start to leave. "Aye, Ace." Another player called out gaining his attention. "You hanging with us tonight? We're going to The Claw."

He shook his head. "Can't. Family obligations. I'm just going to take a shower and head home."

"Alright." The rest of the players, including Nathan, hustled out of the locker room and suddenly it was just Johnson in the—now—vacant locker room.

Adam stripped of the rest of his clothes after grabbing a towel and his changing clothes then stepped into the private shower stalls. He turned the knob and the cold water splashed on him. Relishing in the cool liquid, he started washing himself clean.