Desmond and Catherine kept this whole truce facade while they actually controlled the city.

And the FBI was investigating the trafficking for ten years now... this was a huge operation and actually taking them down was going to be impressive.

That didn't change the fact I didn't trust Amber. She hurt me... she really did.

"This is real and it sucks. So we need your brain." Harry sighed, grabbing the black marker and walking closer to Cleo by the wall-length window.

It was six p.m. and they had slept most of the day, I couldn't blame them. I was glad they got some rest because they looked exhausted and they had quite an eventful night.

Cleo had this bandage around her neck and a few bruises on her face, Harry had a new cut on his cheekbone... they explained that they fought Amber when they broke into her apartment, and I had to remind myself these two psychos had broken into the home of an FBI agent and actually started a fight.

They were also hurt, and Cleo was suffering the most with this. She had recently found out her dad was a disgusting son of a bitch and now her mother was the same? And maybe her brother? She didn't deserve this, it was the worst feeling of it all.

Her blue eyes were sad and just tired, her cheeks were slightly blushed and she looked younger today... maybe because she didn't seem like she was about to stab someone.

She was just... numb, maybe?

Harry was a bit more agitated, running his fingers through his hair every two minutes and I just knew he'd have to wash it later because it was gonna get greasy. His anxiety often got the best of him without him even noticing it, and this had just gotten complicated.

He and Cleo hadn't even bothered to get dressed, he was still wearing his briefs and I could see her initials on his chest... literally.

And since she was wearing just an oversized unicorn sweatshirt, her thighs were exposed and there were faint H.S. bruises on them.

I was still having a hard time processing that they didn't want to kill each other anymore, plus the very loud sex I heard the other night, and the way they were literally so synchronized that they didn't even notice... they were so similar in different ways.

And they obviously didn't know they were in love with each other, but who was I to say anything.

Cleo didn't even admit she liked him when I asked her, but I knew that if I asked Harry he'd be more honest in his answer. But they probably didn't understand it... did they even talk about it?

I thought I didn't understand it too with Amber, because love is sudden and overwhelming. It takes you a while to realize what's going on, and once you do it's too late. You're fucked and the person is already too deep under your skin, and now I had no idea how to scratch her out.

Was anything she ever told me real? Probably not. Cleo said she cared about me but that was bullshit. The lies I told her about my job and what I really did were to keep her safe, and I was planning on being honest one day... little did I know that she already knew.

I shook my head and looked away from them, trying to force myself to focus and stop wasting time on Amber.

"My brain isn't functional enough." I sighed, looking at them again and watching as Cleo walked closer until she sat down next to me. "That is a lot to take in... and I still think it's a terrible idea to trust a cop. Why do you trust her, H.?"

"I trust Cleo." Harry shrugged, writing my name on the board. "Your kidnapping is the only piece not adding up in your theory."

Right... the theory Desmond and Catherine were behind the list so they could get them to kill a few annoying clients perhaps? I didn't buy this.