Something to hopefully get me back to writing again :/

A/n
This May contain spoilers
for the despair arc
so you've been warned :/

Also, this is NOT related
to Killing Harmony

Just enjoy the show >:)
~~~~~~

"How wonderful..." the man chuckled as he hugged his sides tightly while his despair-filled eyes looked up to the male in front of him. "Isn't despair just amazing? It's almost—"

But he was cut off short by the long dark haired male in front of him, who shook his head and said, "No." That's the first he had spoke since they've been there for an hour.

A smirk appeared on Nagito's face as he laughed slightly. "Ah yes! The great Izuru Kamakura knows that Hope is amazing too!! I guess that's why you're the ultimate everything."

Izuru sighed as he looked away, rolling his eyes, trying to avoid the white haired male in front of him. He was so disgusted that he was still influenced by Junko.

"Don't call me that..." Izuru mumbled as he started to walk away, disgusted by humanity and being connected to the ultimate talent crap. 'What a load of bullshit.'

Nagito sighed as the red skys around them seemed to get more increasingly red. But that was just him, as a fire nearby making it seem as so.

"Wait... Izuru..." Nagito mumbled as he reached out and grabbed the dark haired male's hand. Izuru was forced to stop dead in his tracks, as his luck was unfortunately not on his side this on occasion. Though he knew why.

Yet...

Izuru refused to look at Nagito.

"Look at me..."

Izuru did not. He stared dead at the ground, refusing to make eye contact with Nagito. This frustrated the white haired male as he walked over to in front of Izuru and lifted his head up, only to have his hand slapped away by Izuru's free hand.

"Komaeda.. I believe you don't have the right to touch an ultimate such as myself like that." Izuru was playing the only card he knew, in hopes of Nagito leaning him alone.

But Izuru was not greeted by the spiral chaotic white eyes he was familiar with. Instead, unfamiliar pale green eyes that held a lot of sadness behind them.

"You miss her, don't you..?" Nagito whispered as he watched Izuru react to that. The red eyed male quickly shoved Nagito away from himself and had tripped in the process. His luck wasn't really working, which he assumed the reason behind it.

"Don't.. mention her..." The red eyed boy mumbled as his long dark hair shrunk into short brown hair, his eyes remaining red.

Nagito titled his head in confusion, unaware what was happening.

"It's my fault that she died..." Hajime's voice cracked as he looked up at Nagito with sad eyes, tears threatening to fall.

Nagito stared at him in utter shock and confusion. He had no clue what the hell was happening.

"If I... If I..." Hajime tried to form the words but they refused to come out like he wanted.

Nagito awaited patiently, though he wasn't exactly sure where he remembered seeing the male in front of him.

"Chiaki said that there's more to life than ultimate talents... But I wanted to feel like I belonged at Hope's Peak..." The brown haired male stood up carefully, ignoring how badly his legs were shaking.

He then tackled Nagito into a hug, who didn't expect it, and they went tumbling into the dirt. Once he did, the tears couldn't stop flowing out from his eyes.

That's when it clicked for Nagito. 'He's the only survivor of the support course...'

"Hey Hinata, is it..?" Nagito whispered quietly as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around Hajime's trembling body.

"Y-Yeah..." He mumbled trying to stop crying but he couldn't.

Nagito didn't know what to do. He felt like he was being crushed and someone who he barely knew at all was sobbing in his arms.

"What color is your hair..?" Nagito asked, thinking the only solution was to ask him simple questions.

Hajime was able to calm down a bit and got off of Nagito. He looked at the white haired boy in confusion, "what..?"

Nagito sat up as well and looked over at Hajime, who's red eyes were no longer, instead a light hazel. He had no idea why he asked such a simple question.

"Brown... but what does that have to do with anything...?"

Nagito just laughed it off as he stood up and dusted off his own clothes with his hands. He then reached out his hand to Hajime.

"Sorry I thought you were having a panic attack. And I heard asking basic questions you would know helps calm you down." The white haired male chuckled embarrassedly.

Hajime hesitantly grabbed his hand and was pulled up by the pale male in front of him.

"But..." Nagito trailed off as he let go of Hajime as soon as he was pulled up and then looked away.

"But what...?" Hajime asked, tilting his head as if he were a confused puppy.

"I'd say if she.. If Nanami was here... She wouldn't blame you, me, or any of my classmates."

"But.."

"So cheer up, would you Hinata? And tell Izuru that if you can."

A small smile appeared on Hajime's face, but this time, it wasn't one of sadness like he was always used to doing.

"Okay... Thank you Nagito..."