" Of course mother " im still standing in the middle of the house, taking in everything when my father decides to make an appearance and walks out of the hallway. I take him in and notice that my fathers jet black hair is now slowly being littered with grey hairs and that his eyes are looking more tired than the last time I saw him, but apart from that he still manages to wear his usual attire; his black and white suite and Rolex on his left wrist.

He makes his way over to me and also greets me by kissing my cheek, his usual of scent of cologne filling my nose as he pulls away.

"father" 

" Aurelia. My haven't you grown up"  

" Well, one would hope so since it has been ..what.... 2 years " I say sarcastically, earning a "tsk" from my mother and a slight frown etch its way on to my fathers face. I have no clue what to say to them, we all stand and look at each other as if we were strangers meeting for the first time.

Moments pass and my Mother finally breaks the silent tension building up " Aurelia darling, we will get one of the maids to show you to your room and get you ready for dinner tonight. We will be dining out so be ready by 6 and wear something nice please " and with that they both dismiss themselves and go back to whatever they were doing before I had arrived. 

Hearing the light patter of shoes walking towards me I turn around to come face to face with the maid my mother was talking about before, She looks to be around her late 30s , early 40s, she has bright natural orange hair and kind blue eyes. 

She hesitates to speak at first but finally manages, her voice taking me by surprise by how deep and clear it is " Miss Beaumont, I'm Mera one of the housemaids here, your mother sent me to show me to you room" 

I nod In response letting her lead the way. We walk up the grand stairs that open up to another  hallway. " There is only one room up here and that is yours Miss, your parents occupy the downstairs quarters " I follow Mera down the long hallway and take in the pantings decorating the walls. finally a bit of colour for once, I think to myself.

Mera opens the door and lets me in first, Im meet with a very large room, there is a king bed against the back wall allowing one to sit and lye in bed while looking out through the floor to ceiling windows that are in here also. There is 2 doors on one side of the room making it obvious what they would be. A empty desk is on the opposite wall just begging me to place all my papers and documents on it.

" Do you any need help getting ready for your parents dinner tonight, Miss Beaumont " Mera voices, reminding me she is still here. 

" No Mera and Thank you for your help" with that she smiles and leaves closing the door behind her. With only an hour to get myself ready for tonights dinner I quickly enter my ensuite and start the shower.

45 mins later there is a knock on my door " come in ". Mera enters my room.

" Miss, Mr and Mrs Beaumont are waiting downstairs for you " 

" ok tell them I'm coming now "

I slide into my Givenchy heels and Grab my Chanel N°5 perfume out of my handbag, giving myself a quick spritz. I make my way over to the mirror just to check my outfit again, I'm wearing a short black Versace dress that stops mid thigh, the dress is one sleeved and has a low v line going down my chest showing only the slightest bit of breast. My hair is combed and gelled  back to give my hair a clean and dewy look to it. Im wearing my staple dark red lipstick and eyeliner on my face. feeling satisfied with my look I make my way downstairs.

The ride to the restaurant was anything but comfortable, my parents made small talk in the front of the car acting as if they didn't even invite me out to dinner with them. We arrived at a place called Mayfair 8, a top-end restaurant with only the best Michelin starred chefs working there. My parents and I were seated immediately in one of the more private table in the restaurant.