19

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Jahseh helped put the little kid shoes on then tied them. He was at work, his job was at none other than FootLocker. It was obvious that he would work there since he was a sneaker head. All the sneakers he had in his closet all came from FootLocker and no other place. His job was his safe haven, he was around what he loved most. And even though he had to talk to people, he was fine with that.

"Aight, little homie how it feel?" He asked, helping the little boy up. He watched as the kid walked around then gave Jahseh a smile.

"Good." The little bot answered and Jahseh nodded his head.

"How much are they?" The mother of the child asked, Jahseh look up at her.

"Like a hundred, he's in kids so they cost a lot." He answered her question. The mother look at her son then let out a sigh.

"Fine, I'll buy them."

The little boy got excited while Jahseh took off the shoes. He put them back in the box then all three of them walked to the counter. Ringing the shoes up, he told her the price putting the shoes in the bag. After the mother paid, they thanked him and left the store. Jahseh took his phone out his pocket looking at the time. He had a few minutes until his lunch break and since he had nothing else better to do, he was going to house.

"Oh, hey Jahseh." His coworker, Ava, greeted walking over to him. He gave her a head nod, still looking at his phone since he was texting Blu.

Ava tuck in her lips, "So, I see you go from shopping here to working here. You must really love shoes." She tried making conversation. She had been working here for awhile now and was always here when Jahseh came to shop. Footlocker was always the place where cute boys came in and since she been here, Jahseh have been the cutest one she seen so far.

"Yup, I'm on lunch, so I'll be back." He told her, walking from behind the counter.

"Okay, I'll see you!" She waved, but it was too late since he had walked out already.

Blu sat on the curb outside her house. She watched Jahseh who was muttering something under his breath as he kept untying and retying his sneakers. She wasn't sure what he was saying or why he was doing it, but she was intrigued by it. What she didn't know was it was a habit Jahseh picked up on from his brother. It was how Jahseh learned to tie his shoes when he was younger. And now he was just doing it, even though, he didn't know he was.

"Jahseh..." she called his name and he look over at her. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." He answered, realizing what he was doing. He wasn't embarrassed, he just had a feeling he wasn't going to have to explain himself.

"You sure? It seems like your nervous about something." She said and he shook his head.

"I'm fine, but I have a question. Is your mom home?" He asked, she shook her head.

"No, she works overnight, so she won't be here. Why, what's wrong?" She asked, getting concerned.

"You mind if I come over after work? I really don't wanna go home, not tonight at least." He said and she nodded her head.