➵ A DAngerous GAme

Zacznij od początku

"What's this?", the girls took one each, and examined them.

"My parents told all of their friends that I went to Radley for exhaustion, so they want to throw a soiree to make sure that everybody knows that I'm all better now. Could really use some support. Can you guys please come?", Spencer pleaded.

"Of course", Avery said promptly.

"Sure. Yeah, you know we'd do anything for you", Aria nodded.

"I'm counting on that", Spencer smiled. Momentarily, Avery wondered if Spencer had really become better.

»» ««

Avery stood in the hallway of Rosewood High, once again. This time, she was actually there for a reason; Rosewood Day and Rosewood High had a swim-off the next day, and wherever sportspeople go, cheerleaders follow. Avery was wearing red and white, the colours of Rosewood Day, and felt out of place in the hallway decorated with streamers of blue.

"Did Malcolm tell you what she looked like?", Spencer asked Aria, who responded in the negative, "No, he just said she was a friend of mine, and her name was Alison. That's all I know."

"Well, look, you have to talk to him, find out more", Hanna added.

"Yeah, like did she have dark hair, horns, and a tail?", Emily rolled her eyes, motioning to Mona who was sitting nonchalantly.

"Guys, no, we are not using Malcolm to get to Mona", Aria shook her head, "You know, the last time I saw Ezra I could hardly face him."

"All we have to do is show Mona's picture to Malcolm", Avery tried to reason, as her eyes fell on a poster searching for a babysitter for the boy.

"He'll confirm that Mona took him and the cops will take her loo-loo head back to the nut farm", Hanna crossed her arms.

"Hanna! That is so out of line!", Avery exclaimed, shooting Spencer an apologetic look.

Hanna bit her lip, "Sorry, Spence. My bad."

Spencer shrugged, like she didn't take any offence, and frowned, "I don't know, it seems like a really bold move for Mona. The risk being seen like that? It feels desperate. Like maybe she's trying to get caught."

"Okay, well, Malcolm is off limits, okay?", Aria reminded, as she began walking forward, "Gotta get to class."

Hanna examined the poster once again, before tearing it down, "I can use some extra money."

"Did you not just hear Aria?", Emily's eyes narrowed.

"Em, kids love me", Hanna scoffed, "I'll make a game out of it."

"Says the girl who once gave peanut butter to a severely allergic Jackie Forrester", Avery rolled her eyes.

"I was ten, Avery."

"Doesn't matter, he had to go to the ER", Avery countered.

Just then Shana walked up towards them, waving at Emily, "Hey, Emily."

"Hey", Emily looked surprised, "What, uh, what are you doing here?"

"Our coach arranged for us to practice here this morning", Shana replied, "But I say if it's water, it's wet, right? A pool's a pool", She paused to look at Spencer, "I don't think we've met."

"Uh, Shana, this is Spencer", Emily introduced the Hastings girl, who eyed Shana's uniform up and down, "Uh, you swim for Rosewood Day?"

"Amongst other things", Shana shrugged.