Planning

Scritch scratch, scribble scribble. These soft, quiet sounds filled Golf Ball's and Tennis Ball's ears as the sporty scientists descended the spiral staircase that led into the infamous underground factory. The sounds were from Tennis Ball jotting down notes and organizing information on both of their notepads. With his new arms, he was able to actually write and walk at the same time, which left Golf Ball free to ponder about everybody's mysterious new abilities.

The sound of their footsteps changed slightly, transitioning from stair metal to floor metal, as they reached the bottom. They went directly over to the nearest, clearest table (most items in the room were covered by large amounts of paper sheaves or other junk) to prepare for analysis.

Golf Ball hopped up onto the stool which allowed her to reach the top of the table before remembering that she no longer needed it. She slid off and simply extended her legs instead, rising to approximately Tennis Ball's height. "How close are you?" her raspy voice queried.

"Almost done," TB replied. "There's a lot to unpack here." He wrote for another minute, took one last look at everything, and nodded. "Okay! I think it's all sorted. Take a look at-"

He finally glanced up from his notes and paused. There were only legs standing in front of him. "Um." He continued to look upwards until he spotted Golf Ball's spherical body near the roof of the factory, far, far above him. Her stick legs extended all the way up there. "I see you've already started experimenting some."

She lowered herself back down to his level. "I still can't quite get over how amazing this entire situation is. I'm finding myself distracted more and more by every new detail." She shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Anyway, how have you organized these?"

TB set his notepad on the table and rotated it so that she could get a better look. "I was originally going to organize the results alphabetically, but I figured that it might actually be better to order them from simplest/the abilities we know the most about, to complex/the ones we know the least. I also separated the few that we have no basis of reference for yet."

(A/N: Please let me know if any text there is too small to read! I'd be happy to reiterate in the comments

(A/N: Please let me know if any text there is too small to read! I'd be happy to reiterate in the comments.)

Golf Ball studied the notes carefully. "Good thinking. We can call down those with powers we know the most about early, then prepare for what we may encounter ahead of time as we move down the list. Why is Balloony labelled as zero?"

"He's already tested his invulnerability out once and discovered that he can still feel pain. So he would prefer not to try out any other methods."

"Ah. Unfortunate, but understandable. Well, we already both know I can lengthen my legs to quite a height, but I doubt I'll ever actually need to go that high, so testing out my limit is a lower priority."

"And since we already know what I can do, then that means we can move onto the first few objects!" TB cheered.

"Indeed! Who was first ag-" GB stopped as an idea struck her. "Actually..."

"What?"

"Have you tried producing... more than two arms?"

Tennis Ball thought about it and realized he hadn't. He'd experimented with retracting and recreating his two current arms, but never bothered to go further, since any other objects who naturally had arms always only had two. Now...

He concentrated. Suddenly, a third arm popped out of his left side, just above his other left limb. "Woah!" He gasped. Golf Ball took a step back in astonishment. Concentrating again, TB created another limb for himself, and another, and another. Soon, he had four limbs on each side of his fuzzy body.

(this book is so stupidly cursed why did I make this lmao)

"In... incredible!" Golf Ball gushed, nearly at a loss for words. "I must admit, I'm starting to feel jealous. Imagine how many tasks you can accomplish at once with not just two arms, but eight! You take the definition of 'multitasking' to an entirely new level."

Tennis Ball chucked nervously and scratched the back of his head (with which arm, he wasn't sure). "Well, you still didn't really draw a short straw. You've always complained about being too short, but now you can reach anything you want, arms or no arms!"

She hmmfed good-naturedly. "I suppose. Anyway, let's begin!"

--------------------

"Yeah, the EXIT's pretty boring most of the time, but-"

"8-BAAAAAAAAALL!!

8-Ball turned around to see Puffball rushing through the air. She screeched to a halt when she reached him, out of breath. "Hii!!"

"Hey, Puffball." 8-Ball smiled. "Good to see you again."

"Same! I was so sad when you got eliminated." She took a deep breath. "Anyway, what's up? Also, hi TV."

From behind 8-Ball, TV displayed a gif of a hand waving. "Not much. TV and I were just chatting about various things. Oh! Do you know what his power is?"

"Nope. I forgot he even went to the party."

"Check this out," TV said enthusiastically. He brought up an image of a cowboy hat on his screen. Then the outline of one appeared above his head, and before Puffball could say anything, TV was wearing same cowboy hat. "If I display something on my screen, I can create it in real life!"

"Woah!!" Puffball gushed. "That is AWESOME! How big of an object can you create?"

"I don't know. I've only created small items so far. Why?"

The puffy cloud of pink glanced around almost furtively before answering. "Well, I've noticed that some of the other objects who were in the mansion have similar mind-over-matter powers. Gelatin can control metal, Marker can control dirt, Leafy can control air, etc."

"Huh," 8-Ball grunted. "So?"

"I kinda wanna... I don't know, organize a fight between them or something. Like an arena battle! It could be really cool! But I don't know how to build an arena."

TV caught on. "So you were wondering if I can create an arena for this event, using my ability?"

"Precisely!"

8-Ball nodded. "That certainly sounds quite interesting. I'm down to help manage that."

"May I cut in?" a new voice said. Liy approached the group of three, an expression of interest on her face. "That whole idea sounds super fun, and I'd love to join if you'll let me."

"Of course!" Puffball sang. "The more, the merrier!"

Liy rubbed her hands together with glee. "Excellent. Let's get planning, then."

doo do doo dooooooooo, don't mind me just not updating in 2 months lmfao

in all seriousness, I think I've got a bit of momentum going now so hopefully we won't see any more 2-month long waits