Part 2: Chapter 7; Cherubim

Start from the beginning

Wow, Lady Shinobu and Kari-san must be insanely powerful to defeat demons as strong as these ones.....could I even get to that level the way I am now....?

Tanjiro shut his eyes as tight as he could and grit his teeth, shaking his head.

No, don't think like that! You just need to concentrate! Meditation is essential to my growth, like Urukodaki told me before! I just need to focus!

"Moshi moshi~....."

Concentrate!

"Moshi moshi~...."

Concen-

"Moshi Moshi~"

Tanjiro's eyes shot open when a voice whispered in his ear.

"Eh-?"

He flushed red, however, when he turned to the direction of the voice and came face-to-face with the smiling face of Shinobu, only an inch away from his own face.

"Working hard, I see~?" The violet-eyed beauty whispered cheerfully to him.

The redhead lurched back on instinct with a sharp gasp, visibly taken aback by the proximity of the older teenager.

Shinobu pulled away, flashing a smile as she pulled her legs to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, sitting on the rooftop alongside him.

"You're out here all alone while Zenitsu sits indoors." The ravenette pointed out, "It's quite impressive to see you working so hard, Tanjiro."

Having shaken off his precious shock and subtle pink tint on his cheeks, the redhead boy shone a bright grin in reply to the Insect Hashira's remark.

"Mhm!" Tanjiro nodded, "If I can get stronger than I was before my encounter with Rui, I'm sure that I can meet Oyakata-sama's expectations of me and kill one of the Twelve Kizuki."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that from you, Tanjiro."

Shinobu turned away with a sigh, a find look in her violet eyes glistening underneath the moonlight. "You remind me of someone in the way that you're so determined to help others, and keep your beloved sister safe."

The redhead in question sighed in reply. He didn't need to wonder who the petite Hashira was referring to, it even touched his heart how much vehement affection he could smell off of her when she thought of her fiancé.

...You love Kari-san, don't you, Lady Shinobu....

"I'm really happy for you, Lady Shinobu."

"Thank you, Tanjiro." Shinobu somehow still managed to glow brighter than the moon in the sky when she turned back towards the younger boy.

"So, why did you decide to bring us here, anyways?" The redhead asked.

The butterfly Hashira let out a slight huff of amusement and her eyes crinkled at the edges when she smiled. "In all honesty, I was hoping Saku-san would decide to make one of you his Tsuguko."

"Oh, really?" Tanjiro's eyebrows were raised in surprise as Shinobu continued,

"Mhm. I had a feeling that he would want to choose you as his future disciple, at first. You demonstrated your courage in trying to hit Shinazugawa when he stabbed your sister, and the familial bond you both share is something that is almost a prerequisite in becoming a Tsuguko of the Kari."