It was a shock to everyone considering Aiden was 18 and Blake was 10. Then 9 months later they were blessed with their beautiful daughter who just celebrated her first birthday.

“I don’t want to leave her either Alex, but she will be fine with her brother’s.” Alex knew his wife was right, but that didn’t stop him from being a worrying parent.

“Ok let’s enjoy tonight.” They pulled up to the restaurant they went all those years ago the very first time they met.

“I can’t believe we have been married for 9 years now.” Alex smiled softly at Emilia remembering their wedding day as if it was yesterday.

He remembers waiting at the altar with Aiden who was 10 standing right beside him. He remembered how nervous he was almost like when was almost a year ago when he found Emilia again and they started all over.

He remembers Emilia walking down the aisle a vision of white round and heavily pregnant with their son. He remembers the way she felt in his arms the moment they became husband and wife and he remembers how he cried when they finally said I do.

“You remembering the day.” Alex looked over at Emilia knowing she was thinking the same thing.

“You looked so beautiful mi amour, you were glowing and you still do.” Alex picked up his wife’s hands a place a gentle kiss on them.

“However that was not the best day of my life.” Emilia frowned knowing the day she became Emilia Clark Costa was the best day of my life.

“They day you proposed?” Emilia asked as she remembered the day he did.  

Emilia had just found out she was pregnant she was in shock because they had only ever had sex once. She didn’t know if they were ready for a child even though they both loved each other dearly, but they had only been together for just under a year.

Each day she could feel Alex pulling away a little and she thought Alex was going to leave her or say it wasn’t going to work out. Emilia came home one day and the house was quiet, Aiden was at Alex’s mother along with the oversized dog. She walked into the lounge room and found Alex pacing back and forth.

“Alex.” She whispered and Alex faced her. She thought he was going to leave and she didn’t know what she was going to do if he left her and didn’t want anything to do with the baby.

“Can you please take a seat?” Emilia nervously sat down and felt the heavy heat of the test that was sitting in her pocket.

“I love you Emilia, I love you with all my heart.” It was the that Alex dropped to the knee in front of her and pulled out a tiny black box.

“I told myself when I bought this ring I would give it to the women I love. At the time it was intended for Maria and when she passed I promised myself only the women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with would get the honour of wearing my ring.” Alex had opened the box and inside sat a simple gold ring with simple diamond sitting in the middle surround by tiny little diamonds on either side.